The Operations Team Leader roles leads the Receiving, Shipping, Blending and Packaging Operations at the Warminster Plant for Castrol lubricants. The role champions achieving and continuously improving upon superior Health & Safety (No Accidents, No Harm to People, No Damage to the Environment), Customer Service, and Quality. The role will be a visible leader of Health & Safety and Quality policies and procedures and works with the team to maintain high standard in these areas.
While indirectly supervising Operations in a hands-on manner, the role will also be the Control of Work process owner and responsible for leading various continuous improvement projects in the plant.
Additionally, the role will mainly work day shift, however, there are times it will be required to support second shift (i.e. 1:00 - 9:00 PM) and the successful candidate must be available to work over those hours.
- Provides leadership, coaching, monitors performance, and maintains morale of hourly operations team members to ensure safe, reliable operations.
- Facilitates the needs (maintenance, tools, etc) of operations team members to ensure work can be done safely and done right.
- Ensures compliance to all HSSE requirements (SOCs, Near Miss Follow up, Regional and Plant Initiatives)
- Supports development of Procedures and Work Instructions and implements robust Training program, including Versatility matrix to ensure operators are trained in multiple areas.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and appearance of the operations areas to maintain a safe working environment utilizing 5S techniques.
- Ensures Compliance to Procedures / Work Instructions through auditing
- Interacts and supports multiple plant functions including Planning (Daily Schedule Review), Quality (Member of Right First Time (RFT) team), Engineering (Operations Lead on Plant and CAPEX projects), Best In Class (Continuous Improvement, 5S), Maintenance (Maximo work order input)
- Ensures MOC (Management of Change) process is strictly adhered to for all changes related to operations.
- Leverages own skills and the resources within the plant to lead continuous improvement initiatives and optimize current manufacturing processes to ensure safety, quality, reduce costs, and increase efficiency.
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required. Chemical or Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience required.
- Superior leadership skills and associated behavioral attributes required, with experience managing hourly employees a must.
- Ability to drive a Continuous Quality Improvement environment and Best-In-Class manufacturing practices.
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project), with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a Safety Leadership mentality.