- Provides leadership, coaching, monitors performance, and maintains morale of hourly operations team members to ensure safe, reliable operations.
- Facilitates the needs (maintenance, tools, etc) of operations team members to ensure work can be done safely and done right.
- Ensures compliance to all HSSE requirements (SOCs, Near Miss Follow up, Regional and Plant Initiatives)
- Conducts Risk Assessments as part of the Control of Work program, serving as an Area Authority for Operations. Also involved in developing isolation plans.
- Supports development of Procedures and Work Instructions and maintains a Training program, including Versatility matrix to ensure operators are trained in multiple areas.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and appearance of the operations areas to maintain a safe working environment utilizing 5S techniques.
- Ensures Compliance to Procedures / Work Instructions through auditing
- Interacts and supports multiple plant functions including Planning (Daily Schedule Review), Quality (Member of Right First Time (RFT) team), Engineering (Operations Lead on Plant and CAPEX projects), Best in Class (Continuous Improvement, 5S), Maintenance (Maximo work order input)
- Ensures MOC (Management of Change) process is strictly adhered to for all changes related to operations.
- Leverages own skills and the resources within the plant to lead continuous improvement initiatives and optimize current manufacturing processes to ensure safety, quality, reduce costs, and increase efficiency.
- Supports Crisis and Continuity Management for the site.
- OMS - 4.5: Stop Work - Obligated and expected to stop all unsafe or at-risk work activities. Risk assess and evaluate all work to be performed to ensure appropriately trained on the HSSE Risks, operating documents and equipment required to perform the work. Immediately report all unsafe conditions/behaviours observed, near misses, first aid incidents, property damage, security breaches and injuries. Reference the CoW SOP and GRoS SOP's for additional accountabilities if nominated and accepted an assigned a role on the Site's CoW matrix.
Experience & Education:
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Should have B.S. in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Must have experience in management of hourly employees
- Must have superior leadership skills and associated behavioral attributes
- Posess the ability to drive a Continuous Quality Improvement environment and Best-In-Class manufacturing practices.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project)
- Convey excellent written and verbal communication skills
- reguired to demonstrate have Safety Leadership
- Experience in chemical and/or petro-chemical industry
- ISO 9001 Experience; TS16949 Experience; ISO 14001 experience
- TPM Experience
- Experience implementing Lean Manufacturing principles
- Should have risk management experience (Permit writer competencies)
Contributes to the following KPI's:
- HSSE (Near Misses, SOC, etc)
- Quality (Right First Time, Quality Observation Conversations, NCMR, etc)
- Schedule Adherence Metrics (Pack & Blend FSA, OEE)
- Customer Service Metrics (In-full On-time, Customer Complaints)
- Cost (Cost per litre, working capital, cost savings)
The Operations Team Leader leads the Receiving, Shipping, Blending, and Packaging Operations at the Warminster Plant for the purposes of achieving and continuously improving upon superior HSSE (No Accidents, No Harm to People, No Damage to the Environment), Customer Service, and Quality. This individual will be a visible leader of HSSE and Quality policies and procedures and work with the team to maintain a high standard of safety and quality awareness and compliance.