You will work to meet the goal of continuously improving upon superior Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental (HSSE) performance, customer service, and quality. As the Operations Team Lead, you will need to be a visible leader of HSSE and Quality policies and procedures and collaborate with the team to maintain a high standard of safety and quality awareness and compliance.
- Provides leadership, coaching, monitors performance, and maintains morale of hourly operations team members to ensure safe, reliable operations.
- Facilitates the needs (maintenance, tools, etc) of operations team members to ensure work can be done safely and done right.
- Ensures compliance to all HSSE requirements (SOCs, Near Miss Follow up, Regional and Plant Initiatives)
- Supports development of Procedures and Work Instructions and maintains a Training program, including Versatility matrix to ensure operators are trained in multiple areas.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and appearance of the operations areas to maintain a safe working environment utilizing 5S techniques.
- Ensures Compliance to Procedures / Work Instructions through auditing
- Interacts and supports multiple plant functions including Planning (Daily Schedule Review), Quality (Member of Right First Time (RFT) team), Engineering (Operations Lead on Plant and CAPEX projects), Best In Class (Continuous Improvment, 5S), Maintenance (Maximo work order input)
- Ensures MOC (Management of Change) process is strictly adhered to for all changes related to operations.
- Leverages own skills and the resources within the plant to lead continuous improvement initiatives and optimize current manufacturing processes to ensure safety, quality, reduce costs, and increase efficiency.
- Supports Emergency Response for the site.
- OMS - 4.5: Stop Work - Obligated and expected to stop all unsafe or at-risk work activities. Risk assess and evaluate all work to be performed to ensure appropriately trained on the HSSE Risks, operating documents and equipment required to perform the work. Immediately report all unsafe conditions/behaviours observed, near misses, first aid incidents, property damage, security breaches and injuries.
- Conducts Risk Assessments as part of the Control of Work program, serving as an Area Authority for Operations. Also involved in developing isolation plans.Task Owner responsible for maintaining full compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements associated with job accountabilities. Details on compliance management system responsibilities are documented in OMS Online: (Toolbox) 7.1 OMS 7 1 Roles Responsibilities and Definition document (Doc No: 19594).
A high school diploma or GED is required. A B.S. in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is strongly preferred.
- 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience managing a team
- Experience in safety leadership