The Operations Technical Facilitator is responsible for 1st level leadership of the Warehouse, Production, and Blending teams and for execution of operations within those teams. The Operations Technical Facilitator executes based on the vision and objectives for the Plant, as outlined by the Plant Manager. The vision and objectives are aligned with the goals of the GSC in Region and its business partners. These Objectives establish core and priority areas of focus for HSSE, Quality, Customer Service, and Cost (Value Creation) within the plant.
- Provide 1st level leadership to shop floor personnel, ensuring that HSSE and Quality are maintained as the top priorities during operations.
- Lead, coach, develop and motivate shop floor personnel through the BP values and leadership expectations framework.
- Ensure compliance (legal and OMS) to all regulatory and internal requirements with respect to manufacturing operations
- Execute the supply plan to safely make product available on time, at a competitive cost
- Continuously strive to improve plant operations to maximize efficiency and effectiveness to generate a best in class operation.
- Participate in best-practice sharing throughout the BP Lubricants supply chain networks, both sharing best practices and implementing best practices from other sites.
- Ensure compliance of manufacturing personnel to all internal, supply chain training and competency requirements
- Assist with execution of CapEx plan through: liaison with Engineering to ensure that Operations requirements are understood, gathering input from Operations personnel, and ensuring that proper communication and training is done during and after the project
- Work with all Baltimore departments (Planning, Quality, Engineering) to optimize interdepartmental processes with the goal of continuously improving plant operations aligned with the BP Values.
- Primary OMS Online Document Author for the plant, ensuring that all documents provided by plant Document Owners are uploaded properly into OMS Online, that all associated document settings (i.e. Authorizers, Acknowledgers, Review Cycles, etc.) are set up correctly per the direction of the Document Owner and applicable BP requirements.
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineer preferred but other disciplines considered with relevant experience
- At least 1 - 2 years' experience in manufacturing environment preferred in a Supply Chain role demonstrating good knowledge of production management and measurements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff at all levels both internally and externally.
- Self-starter with highly motivated "can do" attitude
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and writtenAdvocate for Continuous Improvement