Paid Search and Analytics Manager
To manage paid search and programmatic activity and to act as the lead specialist in the marketing division for Google Analytics.
The job holder willprovide specialist knowledge and strategic direction to effectively prioritise, manage and implement paid and organic search across our multiple websites, improving the volume, quality of traffic and return on investment through this channel.
The job holder will also provide specialist knowledge and support to marketing teams on use of website analytics to improve customer insight, inform decision-making and improve customer experience
- Support marketing teams in understanding the value of paid search and programmatic, setting and allocating appropriate budgets and KPIs to improve quality and volume of traffic and return on investment
- Work across business units to define paid search priorities, ensuring activity is coordinated across multiple products and UK websites
- Manage third party suppliers to maximise value for money and optimise return on investment from pay per click activity
- Support Web Content Team in developing website content and landing pages to improve click through rates
- Report on search activity including analysis of click and conversion data and budget spent
- Support marketing teams in making effective use of website analytics data and integrating data into the decision making process
- Work with website product owners to ensure website analytics are implemented to enable accurate reporting on marketing campaigns
- Create ad hoc web analytics reports to analyse conversion, customer engagement and user experience.
This is a specialist management role, which requires the ability to build direct and cross-functional relationships. Key stakeholders include (without being limited to):
- Marketing teams
- Product content managers and executives
- Sales teams
- Product teams
- External agencies
- Business intelligence team
- Internal design and UX teams
- Product owners and development teams.
The role will involve participating in cross-functional meetings and also presenting from time to time to more senior stakeholder groups.
This role requires specialist search and analytics knowledge, plus the ability to clearly share this knowledge and mentor marketing teams in effective search and analytics techniques.This role will interface with a wide range of teams in a range of locations. As such it requires an energetic, commercially minded, analytical individual with:
- An in-depth and experienced understanding of all things PPC and SEO, with practical experience and proven track record in terms of ROI and revenue
- Extensive experience of online analytics packages with a deep understanding of turning data into actionable information
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Strong influencing skills, able to enthuse and motivate people at all levels
- The ability to seek creative solutions to problems
- The ability to engage with the values and vision of the organisation
- A strong understanding of the commercial impact of search
- The ability to manage third party agencies and suppliers
- The ability to set and follow processes and procedures with a high level of attention to detail, but flex these processes and procedures when the market or situation changes
- Highly organised and a self starter.
- Practical experience of at least 2 years running a Google AdWords account, paid search through other search engines and/or social media channels on agency or client side
- Practical experience of at least 2 years using Google Analytics to monitor paid search and support SEO activity
- Educated to degree or equivalent level
- Previous experience of implementing search strategies and working with marketing teams to prioritise search activity
- Experience in complex landing page design testing and optimisation, including dynamic landing pages
- A high level of attention to detail
- Good team player
- The ability to work to tight timescales
- Pro-active, self-starter
- Experience of working in a digital marketing environment.
- Experience of training system users
- Experience of creating training and support documentation
- Experience of Amazon Advertising
- Google AdWords qualification
- Educated to degree or equivalent level qualification
- Good understanding of the UK education sector
- Understanding of technical SEO.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Other Locations GB-GB-Oxford
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Job: Research and Development
Organization: Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 27, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1806700
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.