At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Partnership Director is a senior leader within the organization and directly manages the performance of strategic priorities for the academic partner. The overall responsibility for the Partnership Director is to provide the strategic direction, management and leadership for the academic partner’s prestigious institution. This portfolio of accounts is supported by a business unit responsible for the marketing, recruitment and retention services for our academic institution partner(s). The Partnership Director will be fully accountable for the success of this business unit by creating and executing a detailed and rigorous account plan, managing the P&L for the business unit, building relationships with key stakeholders within the Partner Institution and launching new programs successfully.
Business Unit Leadership
- Provide leadership and be accountable for strategic initiatives assigned.
- Ensure the cross functional team is working collaboratively as a team to achieve plan objectives and that each function is performing at optimum levels.
Academic Partner Relationship Management
- Build relationships with the key stakeholders within the University/Academic Partner. Understand their vision for future growth and provide input on new opportunities.
- Keep the Academic Partners posted on new trends and opportunities in their space and on new best practices.
- Facilitate regular meetings with the stakeholders at the University to ensure that all aspects of the strategic initiatives are functioning successfully.
- Collaborate with the functional leaders to ensure best practices are implemented.
- Create strategic plans as assigned, for Academic Partner by understanding both the industry and the Academic Partner’s long term vision.
- Oversee any contractual payments to Academic Partners.
- Work with the functional leaders to ensure their individual P&Ls are following the plan.
- Identify any impacts on P&L because of special requests made by Academic Partner and propose solutions to ensure alignment with P&L.
- Facilitate initial launch meetings with Academic Partner and introduce the functional leaders to the Academic Partner.
- Oversee the implementation of the launch plan to ensure successful launch and Academic Partner satisfaction during launch.
- Provide bi-weekly results of marketing launch to Academic Partner and ensure application trends are leading to achieving enrollment targets.
- Work with internal leaders to ensure that integration with different departments at the Institution is successfully implemented.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent education/experience; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of professional experience, five (5) of which ideally is in a service oriented consulting or Account Management role.
- Significant online learning and/or strong consulting experience across a variety of industries.
- Experience in managing P&L.
- Able to make decisions with a proven track record of decision making.
- Excellent leadership, relationship building, negotiation, communication (written and oral), presentation, planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to identify and propose new tasks and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to take the lead and work against resistance to accomplish goals.
- Highly proficient with office automation tools MS Office; Google as well as internet and various databases both internal and external.
- Ability to perform non-local travel up to 10% of the time.
Highly desired expertise and background (in any one of the areas)
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Education technology and educational product sales
- External Alliances and vendor management
- Management consulting
- Senior marketing agency account management
Pearson Canada is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Primary Location: CA-ON-North York
Work Locations: CA-Toronto-105 Gordon Baker 105 Gordon Baker Rd North York M2H 3P8
Job: Project/Programme Management
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 19, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1800708