• To examine passport applications made via the postal / partner route and made in person at the Public Office to determine nationality and identity, in line with current policy, procedures, and legislation, resolving queries as they arise.
• To support HMPO single site functions as appropriate, depending on location.
• To provide effective and timely customer care to internal and external customers in line with current guidance and best practice.
• To respond to customer enquiries and complaints in writing, by telephone and face-to-face to the appropriate standard and in accordance with established policy and procedural instruction.
• To develop and maintain knowledge of legislation, policy, procedure and security guidelines so as to complete all work in accordance with Her Majesty’s Passport Office Policy, Procedure and Best Practice guidelines.
• Examine documentation and all other presented evidence to identify potentially fraudulent applications in accordance with fraud awareness training and Her Majesty’s Passport Office counter fraud strategy.
• To work flexibly and provide support to other operational colleagues / areas as required.
• To take responsibility for one’s own attendance, performance and personal development.
Note: An employee may be required to carry out other duties within the scope of the grade and within the limits of their skill, competence and training.
• Adapt to changing priorities and ability to work at pace.
• Ability to work independently and closely with others to achieve shared goal/targets.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written).
• Professional and customer-focused, ability to understand the needs of customers.
• The ability to understand and speak the Welsh language.
The salary quoted is a full time full year salary, the salary will be calculated on a pro rata basis for the months worked.
Posts may be offered on a flexible working or extended working hours (EWH) working pattern, subject to availability. The successful candidate would be expected to work 1 Saturday out of 3 on a 3 week rota pattern for an EWH post.
Successful candidates transferring in from Other Government Departments will transfer over with their current substantive salary, subject to the min and max of the salary for the advertised vacancy