Job DescriptionYou can achieve more at St Andrew’s Healthcare
St Andrew’s is the UK’s leading mental health charity with an excellent and well-deserved reputation as a provider of specialist mental healthcare. We have a multi-disciplinary team of over 5,000 delivering world-class, innovative, holistic care across four main locations. Through individualised rehabilitation and recovery, our focus is transforming the lives of patients through a seamless transition down levels of security and back into the community. As a charity, we always put patients first, while re-investing surpluses for their benefit. The role
In this new role you will be part of the HR Services management team and will be responsible for ensuring that all payroll activity and provided by HR Services if effective and in line with performance standards. You will be responsible for leading a team of staff who will provide an expert payroll service to our colleagues across the Charity. You will be responsible for day to day payroll workflow ensuring the service is effectively delivered within the required time and financial control parameters.
Your responsibilities will include:
More about you
- Ensuring overall effective time management and control in relation to the delivery of our payroll processes
- Ensuring accurate control of payroll processing, taking the lead in payroll reconciliations and qualitative checks in line with financial control requirements
- Ensuring the effective co-ordination of month end and year end payroll processing
- To ensure collaboration across HR Services to deliver response to change and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Managing the ongoing review of problems or issues and continually delivering solutions and improved ways of working
- Contributing to the planning and co-ordination of project related activity in response to wider business change.
- Working with HR Services Management team colleagues to deliver an improved presence of HR Services within the Charity that delivers to agreed SLA’s.
You will have an enthusiastic, positive and collaborative approach with a keen eye for detail and great problem solving skills. You will be a recognised payroll expert with a significant knowledge of PAYE and NI legislative requirements. You will need to have significant experience working in a high volume transactional environment and a passion for continuous improvement. Experience of working with SAP or equivalent HR systems is essential. You will also be highly experienced in successfully managing teams and projects, and embody the Charity’s CARE values.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fast paced, varied role where no two days are the same. Interested?
Then we’d love you to apply!
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jenny Brown, Payroll and HR Services Lead. Closing Date: 3 June 2020