* Services & Solutions is an internal global shared services organisation, responsible for delivering centralised and standardised people services for BP from a number of geographical delivery centres as appropriate for BP's footprint. Services & Solutions are the first point of contact for people related matters; the team are policy and process experts, dedicated to delivering the best employee experience.
* The purpose of this role is to be oversee the provisioning of payroll analytical and management services in support of accurate payroll delivery in the US and Canada, including transactional support, vendor coordination, and timely and accurate analysis of payroll related research and queries. In addition, the responsibility for managing a team of Payroll specialists and overpayment and tax reconciliation assistants.
* The Delivery Lead works closely with members of the People Core and People Care teams within the Regional Delivery Centre, internal and external partners (Pensions, Tax, Equities, Finance, International Mobility, ADP, Fidelity, Benefits, etc).
This role leads a team that is responsible for payroll, overpayment and tax reconciliation activities in the US and Canada, working with internal stakeholders and third party vendor partners to provide solutions to maintain and/or improve payroll services to employees on the US and Canada domestic payroll.
More specifically, this role is accountable for the:
* Deputising for the Pay and Tax Services Manager.
* Managing a team of Payroll Specialists and Overpayment and Tax Reconciliation assistants, ensuring they possess the necessary skills and experience to perform their roles; management of the recruitment process and conduct performance reviews, expense approvals, etc.
* Approval of the monthly payroll.
* Monthly reporting and/or posting of various payroll related files.
* Monthly pre-payroll checking and corrections including manual adjustments.
* Management of new payment codes to be set up the pay system, testing and communication to the requestor.
* Provision of documentation and knowledge share to satisfy audit requirements.
* Direction and solutions around problem identification and resolution.
* Liaison with vendor partners to ensure prompt and accurate payroll processing and related postings.
* Escalation point of contact between vendor partners and BP to resolve process issues on either side.
* Liaison with BP Tax, BP Finance, S&S Tax Services team and other internal parties as needed in support of payroll related activities, providing subject matter expertise in order to support issue resolution.
* Management of the overpayments and reclaim process, liaising with P&C Partners to ensure consistent application of the Overpayment policy; submission of Earlier Year Updates where appropriate.
* Identifying and leveraging continuous process improvement opportunities including payroll related measures to help improve the efficiency of payroll operations through trend analysis, metrics and root cause analysis.
* Ensuring local operating procedures are accurate, up to date, and fit for purpose
* Leading efforts relating to ad hoc and unanticipated work requests and projects as required.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
* 2+ years of coaching and/or leading others and relevant shared service experience required.
* 3 to 5 years of experience in Payroll Administration / Operations.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
* Knowledge of P&C systems including SAP GV and Streamline payroll.
* Direct interaction/experience within an P&C function preferred.
* Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organisation.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement