The Regulatory Services Directorate comprises operational teams including Registration - which is responsible for assessing the charitable status of institutions applying to register as a charity against a legal framework, and the Customer Service team - which provides first time resolution to charity trustees, their volunteers, employees and members of the public through our contact centre and correspondence service.
In these interesting support roles, you will get the satisfaction of supporting charities, the charitable sector, and the general public through the provision of efficient and effective administrative work and by contributing to smooth workflow across your team.
Working flexibly across both teams, you will play an important role in starting a charity’s lifecycle, confirming risk-based decisions to determine the charitable status and public benefit of charities in England and Wales.
Whichever team you are placed with you will contribute directly to maintaining public trust and confidence in charities. You will engage with continuous learning – receiving structured and specialist training to enable you to grow your expertise within a regulatory environment.
The roles require high standards of written work and fluent verbal communication skills, with a focus on customer service and quality standards. You must be solution-oriented, confident in checking and review of detailed and sometimes complex issues. You must be able to work independently within a wider team, work to agreed service level and operational standards, and be confident working in a digital environment.
In order to meet our strategic aims and objectives we work flexibly across these teams to meet demand. Although you will primarily be based in either the Registration or Customer Service team, you will be expected to contribute to work in either of these teams depending on business need.
• Manage a substantial operational caseload, providing timely responses in writing and, where appropriate, by telephone.
• Register applications from charities involving a range of straightforward issues, in line with guidance, business rules and legal requirements, ensuring a justifiable, risk-based, and accountable decision is reached and documented for all of your cases – contributing to public trust and confidence in charities.
• Provide responses to customer queries and requests for documents.
• Scan and process hard copy incoming post.
• Deliver administrative duties as required, in an effective and efficient manner, contributing to the smooth workflow throughout your team.
• Work quickly and efficiently, managing own time and skills, whilst working effectively with the wider team.
• Personally, contribute to the achievement of the department’s targets, including performance and quality expectations - investing in the development of self and others.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Working Together