The PCO/HD Region Manager is responsible for the delivery of all sales objectives vs plan to include: Volume, NTO, GM, OEM and premium products in assigned geography for both Passenger Car (PCO) and Heavy Duty (HD) segments of the Indirect sales channel for Castrol. This is a P&L role, responsible for approximately $100M, with the ability to create more value and manage year on delivery, strategic agenda and full transformation of the channel.
This role is responsible for the Western region of the US and is home based. While the location requirements include living in the region and near a sizable airport for ease of travel, the preferable home based location is the Southern California area.
- Managing a large geography with 10-15 aligned Ambassador/Premier distributors and OEM/National accounts.
- Planning and implementing all sales activities in the region including transformation to Ambassador/Premier model, setting and monitoring distributor scorecards and signing new aligned distributors in the region.
- Hiring, training, motivating, and developing Distributor Business Managers (DBM), Territory Sales Managers (TSM) and Key Account Managers (KAM).
- Working with DBMs and TSMs to create sales-marketing plans to assist WDs with growth and with KAMs to manage and acquire key accounts.
- Working with the Transformation team to develop and execute strategic plan to grow distributor business in the region.
- Working with OEM and National Accounts teams to support and grow direct accounts as required.
- Manage regional T&E budget.
- Manage regional GM including volume, turnover and variable trade within the region.
- Set and manage all elements of distributor scorecards in the region.
- Develop detailed plans and manage sales processes in the region with the focus on acquisition of new customers (e.g. advocacy van, Insight tool, HD prospecting, getting new direct and OEM accounts).
- Responsible for initiating FM and business case for strategic investment (e.g. Trade Loan to support distributor expansion, Trade Loans to direct and OEM accounts).
Bachelor Degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years sales management experience selling consumer and/or commercial lubricants.
- Proven leadership track record in bringing the organization together to deliver in-year performance and develop and execute on long term strategy.
- Broad commercial thinking required - the role goes beyond sales.
- Proven experience in the Distributor business.
- Strong budgeting, forecasting, and financial management skills.
- Action-oriented with little need for direction while managing a geographically dispersed team.
- Proven interpersonal and leadership skills to direct the Sales organization and Distributor network.
- Ability to travel within region up to 50% of work time.