Pearson Campus Ambassador Program - DePaul University, Chicago
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Pearson Campus Ambassador (PCA) program directly supports the goals and vision of Pearson Higher Education by working directly with students to help them succeed academically and get the most from their educational materials and experience.
Join our PCA Team and become the student voice for a global learning company dedicated to improving tomorrow’s learners!
Visit our PCA program page at http://www.PearsonStudents.com/pca for more information.
Pearson Campus Ambassadors are university and community college students across the U.S. who care deeply about helping others succeed through learning. They work side-by-side with students, faculty and Pearson staff to provide Pearson learning technology support (primarily MyLabs/Mastering) to their campuses, offer student feedback to Pearson and build a sense of community and connectedness for their peers both on campus and online. Pearson Campus Ambassadors are responsible for strengthening the Pearson brand through a variety of initiatives. Ambassadors report to the PCA Regional Coordinator and Student Programs Manager.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct face-to-face presentations to help students who are about to begin using a Pearson MyLab or Mastering product
- Work with professionals at Pearson by providing feedback on future products
- Act as an online and on-campus brand ambassador for Pearson in support of our mission: helping people progress in their lives through learning
- Collaborate with instructors and Pearson professionals to help students use Pearson educational resources most effectively
- Promote, organize and facilitate student focus groups; summarize and share results
- Organize campus events in support of Pearson branding campaigns
- Participate in conference calls, team trainings, committees and regularly scheduled team meetings
Eligibility & Required Qualifications:
- Current enrollment as a full time student at DePaul University - Chicago. No particular major or area of study is required.
- GPA of 3.0 minimum.
- Able to commit to work for the program during the Spring and Fall months on campus for a minimum of 12 months.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Energetic, outgoing relationship-building skills are a must
- Community minded: strong desire to work as a team to support student success
- Excellent written and oral and communication skills, including presentation skills
- High achievement: recognition for excellence in a college and work environment
- Self-motivated, curious and proactive: ability to create and manage independent projects with limited supervision
- Technological proficiency: Understanding of and interest in social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.); basic understanding of software applications including MS Word and MS Excel
- At least one semester of experience working with Mastering or MyLabs technology
- Access to a smartphone and basic video-capturing/editing skills
- If hired, able to provide documentation regarding eligibility to work in the United States.
- Relatives of Pearson employees are not eligible to apply and because we see Pearson authors as family here, relatives of our Pearson authors are not eligible at this time.
Compensation & Benefits of the Program:
- $10/hr with an average number of hours ranging from 1-5 hours per week
- Complimentary Pearson Higher Ed products and services
- Gain practical experience, to both apply and supplement what you learn in school
- Expand your professional network, by working side-by-side with faculty, Pearson staff, and others
- Have your work published via social media outlets, internal newsletters, and even Pearson products
- Hone real-world skills like problem-solving, public speaking, and communication
Please apply online with your resume and unofficial transcript in order to be considered for this opportunity.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2017
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Part-time Regular
Req ID: 1718122