The role works closely with the Business Improvement team to identify, monetize and implement improvements within the business.
- Prepare BIP reporting and tracking progress and maintain standard BIP workbook by valuing and tracking gross margin and cost improvements.
- Support performance reporting and planning cycles including forecasting and in-flight reporting and plan submittals while ensuring the timeliness, integrity and accuracy of data inputs.
- Develop and recommend performance actions/interventions with Refinery and senior BP leadership which provide an understanding of underlying business performance trends and drivers, such that appropriate interventions can be identified and enacted.
- Support delivery of Annual Plan and Strategy Refresh and other long range plans, networking with all refinery stakeholders to ensure refinery activity plans are accurately reflected in financials plans and non-financial MI.
- Contribute to driving performance management processes that incorporate performance reporting and analysis and competitive benchmarking.
- Ad-hoc cost analysis to provide insights into sustainable cost reduction opportunities.
- Conduct analytical deep-dives on specific performance issues, as identified.
- Maintain and develop tools and models for refinery performance consistent with guidance from central finance teams.
- Support other Planning and Performance Reporting (PPR) related activities as needed.
Bachelor’s degree required. Specialization in Business, Finance, Economics or Engineering preferred.
- 5 years of financial analysis experience and/or finance background and/or non-finance related refinery experience.
- Strong analytical, financial control, reporting skills; Able to interpret and communicate financial information with clarity.
- Ability to interact with and influence at all levels of the organization in a professional manner.
- Strong impact, interpersonal, networking and communication skills and able to make a significant contribution to local management team.
- Excel experience.