BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The Planning Supervisor manages a group of Planners responsible for planning work associated with the Routine Maintenance Department within the Whiting Business Unit.
* Responsible for health, safety and environmental performance to achieve our goals of no accidents, no harm to people and no harm to the environment.
* Accountable for the development/execution of Routine Maintenance Planners training and personnel development strategy including: training requirements, performance management plans, performance management reviews, attrition and resource planning, hiring recommendations and career mentoring.
* Accountable for identifying, developing and implementing Planning strategies within the Whiting Business Unit that support and complement existing processes or identifying, developing and recommending changes to those processes.
* Accountable to adhere to established work processes, develop (if necessary), monitor and manage performance related to KPI's.
* Accountable for driving step change improvements in the Maintenance Division processes and contribute to the development and implementation of site-wide initiatives.
* Responsible for tracking and monitoring backlogs associated with outstanding notifications and maintenance orders requiring planning.
* Responsible for facilitating meetings to establish prioritized list of planning backlog work and identify planning barriers.
* Responsible for dedicating 50% of time to planning Routine Maintenance related work:
o Develop maintenance plans for maintenance related work by identifying number and type of crafts, man-hour estimates, materials, special tools/equipment, specialty contractors and transportation equipment.
o Prepare and develop Job Packages that includes Detailed Work Plan, Bill of Materials, Drawings, Pictures, QA/QC Package, Technical Procedures/Documents, HSSE Procedures/Documents, etc.
o Generate requisitions and bid requests for special tools, materials, and specialty contractor services required to support the work plan and field execution.
o Assure proper closure of Maintenance Orders including documenting, initiating any follow-up Maintenance Orders and review plan vs. actual results.
o Work with Maintenance Supervisor or Unit Reliability Engineer to ensure historical information is entered into SAP or appropriate database.
o Share, collaborate and provide input regarding work plans and work documentation:
Work closely with other Maintenance Planners to share lessons learned and provide the best possible plans
Identify and communicate reoccurring equipment problems to Unit Engineers
Develop and maintain library of equipment files and maintenance plans within SAP
* High School Diploma or equivalent required with 10 years relevant experience, or
* Associates degree with 8 years relevant experience, or
* Four (4) year college degree with 5 years relevant experience.
* 5+ years of Planning & Scheduling experience in the Oil & Gas industry or Manufacturing
o Experience in planning crafts, man-hours, materials, equipment, etc. required to execute work on fixed equipment, piping, valves, pumps, etc.
o Understanding of scheduling resources based on priorities, planned man-hours and available resources (i.e. resource loading).
o Understanding of key performance indicators (KPIs) used to measure planning and scheduling performance.
o Experience in use of a computerized maintenance management system for planning and managing work on fixed equipment, piping, valves, pumps, etc.
oExperience in prioritizing and managing planning and planned backlogs.
* Strong communication skills and works well in a team environment
* Minimum 1 year of SAP experience required
* Must be knowledgeable with use of Microsoft Office software (i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)