Platform Management Analyst
Pearson is seeking an experienced client-facing technology services professional to lead technology platform services in an on-site, client-facing role for a national nonprofit client. The Platform Management Analyst will coordinate with his/her peers to deliver a suite of job management, publishing, and print content creation and distribution services.
The Platform Management Analyst will be accountable for delivering a consistently positive customer experience. This person will be part of a team of Pearson creative, editorial, and account management specialists who partner closely with the client in developing a robust print content model that creates relevant and contemporary content and aligns initiatives with organizational priorities. We seek a high-energy, hard-working team player capable of leading by rolling up his or her sleeves to get things done.
Responsible for vendor management, user test case development, defect resolution and the release process on our team’s primary software platform. Additionally, this role will be responsible for maintenance and continued optimization of a database and reporting software (Power BI), overall tech support onsite for our team, and will work closely with the Pearson Tech Operations team for maintenance, testing, and onsite support purposes.
- Conduct usability tests, assess user experience, interpret results and make recommendations
- Track and report performance issues and resolutions
- Provide technical assistance across multiple platforms to internal and external clients
- Responsible for vendor management, partner governance, and oversight to deploy systems / solutions which are complete, designed and managed over life cycles.
- Provide technical solutions, research problems, plan solutions, recommend software and systems, and coordinate developments in an orderly manner to meet business requirements. Including but not limited to: monitor and test performance and capacity for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with partners to implement fixes.
- Power BI database: update reports as needed with fields/values/formulas/solutions as the team identifies what is needed as the business evolves
- Working with Pearson’s Tech Ops team, partially responsible for proactively ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability (AWS) and resolving escalations of moderate to high complexity.
- Implements and updates the platform security.
- Maintains awareness of technology trends in area of responsibility and makes appropriate recommendations. Utilizes best practices in security, maintenance and ongoing optimizations.
- Meet commitments and deliverables as related to participating/leading projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- SQL: (back up and recovery, query (T-SQL), indexing and tuning)
- Reporting Writing (SSRS)
- Data Warehouse (ETL, SSIS, SSAS)
- Software Deployments (run packages, import data and code snippets, modify java/java script)
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Route 53, load balancers, VPC, networking)
- Windows Server (WSUS, PowerShell, certificates)
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems of moderate to high complexity, requiring strong knowledge of hardware components, systems, software, and networking technologies relating to cloud hosting – Preferably AWS.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, solution development, and implementation within specific technology areas.
- Strong partnering, negotiation, and communication skills in working with Business Customers.
- Able to prioritize effectively and take on multiple concurrent assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work.
- Able to develop, present, and effectively communicate ideas and strategies in both technical and user-friendly language to a variety of audiences.
- Additional job skills include, but are not limited to: strong project management skills; strong written, oral and interpersonal communications skills; and strong analytical/creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-based, Customer service oriented environment with a high regard for teamwork.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-TX-Irving
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2017
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1718098