Would you like to work at the heart of government supporting our important climate change agenda?
Are you passionate about supporting the design and shaping of strategy, new policy and legislation to help decarbonise the UK’s homes and industry?
Would you like to be instrumental in the plan to roll out low carbon heat across the whole of the UK?
We are currently recruiting a number of Policy Delivery Officer roles for our directorates working on important climate change issues. We are seeking a diverse range of skills and experience, and welcome those who bring transferable skills from other fields or sectors.
We are committed to developing our staff through our extensive range of training that is provided through our in-house BEIS Academy that is in partnership with Civil Service Learning.
While no two days are ever the same, you could find yourself:
• Building relationships with colleagues to support the development and delivery of innovative policy solutions for challenging climate issues.
• Translating government plans into policy and delivering successful outcomes.
• Ensuring project outcomes are achieved within appropriate timeframes, with a high degree of quality and to an agreed budget.
• Using evidence and data to recommend how a policy or project is developed and how innovative improvements can be made.
• Identifying, monitoring, and proactively managing project risks and issues.
• Working to clearly defined project plans and schedules, adhering to project controls, managing performance and providing progress reports to sponsors.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
• Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex matters to different audiences.
• Analytical skills to weigh up sources of evidence to make feasible recommendations.
• The softer skills to build effective relationships with different partners across government and industry.
• Proven ability to perform consistently to tight timescales.