What's in it for you
* Play a key role in modernising the regulation of the legal market
* Develop policy that helps to make quality and good value legal services as widely available as possible
* Lead major policy projects from design to implementation
* Gain exposure to high profile stakeholders
* Enjoy an environment that values equality, diversity and inclusion
In the role of Policy Manager you will lead key elements of the development of the SRA's policy, and/or education and training agenda playing a critical role in delivering our reform programme. You will be responsible for leading the development, delivery and implementation of key policies likely to improve the legal services market in England and Wales.
You will be expected to apply robust project management skills and have a clear understanding of the range of available regulatory tools, the importance of an evidence base and the values of equality, diversity and inclusion to deliver effective policy outcomes.
Working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, you will be confident in establishing influential relationships and will have the credibility to contribute effectively in external debate.
You will produce and present well-written reports, consultation papers, policy documents, committee and board papers and provide specialist advice, support and briefings on complex policy issues within the SRA and externally.
What we are looking for
* Experience of leading high profile policy projects
* Experience of communicating with and influencing senior stakeholders
* Strong interpersonal skills and a sound, strong decision maker
* Excellent report writing skills, giving specialist advice and support
The role holder may be based either in London or in Birmingham and will be expected to travel regularly between the two locations.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and covering letter. Please ensure that your CV and covering letter clearly demonstrate how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience requirements of the role.
Please submit your application according to which location you would wish to be based from.