The Portfolio and Channel Manager manages the Castrol EDGE Professional and other EDGE Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) exclusive fluids in North America. This position is the single point of accountability for all trade programs related to Franchise Workshops (FW), or New Car Dealers, and OEMs.
OEM partnerships are one of the biggest profit drivers for the US. This role will provide trade and product marketing leadership for OEM partners, Indirect Franchise Workshops (FW) and Retail commercial. The role will deliver results through offers and portfolio.
This position is primarily responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, and assessing strategic market space programs to effectively market to consumers through our customers in the OEM/FW market space. Other responsibilities include trade spend investment optimization; brand and sales strategies support; development of new opportunities; analysis of competitive activity, environmental factors, industry trends; coordination and linkage to global OEM/FW market space efforts." Create further differentiation for our brands by developing & implementing specific products and communication programs for OEM partners across the Auto and Industrial landscape.
- Create, develop and implement trade marketing programs which enable the US to achieve its volume, turnover and gross margin goals in current year.
- Manages specification needs in the OEM aftermarket portfolio to enable and maintain retail commercial for the growth strategy.
- Manage the trade marketing resources allocated to the US (people and ASP) and deploy these effectively across the installers, brands and activities in the market.
- Report all actual, potential or suspected product quality, product safety or product compliance incidents.
Understand customer and market product requirements & define, with marketing, new product development briefs for technology using the Offer Development & Innovation Management System.
- Utilize Streamline process to introduce new products or SKUs into any new territory.
- Ensure appropriate product documentation (e.g. MSDS, PDS) is given to customers.
- Manage the provision of product quality, product compliance and product safety advice to customers.
- Own and drive the implementation of effective and efficient trade marketing programs across the market.
- Works with Global OEM team to deliver specific OEM opportunities to the Americas region.
- Provides insights into, car parc needs, competitors offer and future technical direction of OEM in NA and works with Global OEM and GLT to translate those needs into product portfolio opportunities.
- Support execution of strategic OEM-related sponsorship programs to leverage relationship with OEM partners.
- Ensure integrity of product brand administration through accurate inputs into product systems.
- Promote efficiency across the region by supporting product portfolio optimization.
- Communicates to sales all technical information about the Castrol portfolio.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related discipline required.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Marketing OR experience in Sales with at least 2 years marketing experience required.
- Experience in B2B marketing activation.
- Experience in disciplined marketing campaign execution.
- Strong interpersonal, project management and communication skills.