Postgraduate Recruitment Advisor
Our mission is clear: to become one of the UK’s leading universities for in-depth industry engagement. As a pioneering Higher Education Institution (HEI), we’re transforming industry today and tomorrow, by designing and delivering education powered by industry experience.
At Pearson College London, industry engagement drives us; it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. And it is what will take us, and our students, into the future. Every university focuses on “employability” - what sets us apart is the level of industry engagement that we’re able to offer. Industry engagement is at the core of everything that we do; our industry partners deliver workshops for our students, they also design, develop and deliver our courses, offer our students internship opportunities, set them live briefs and attend their end of term showcases.
When you combine higher education and industry, everyone benefits. Especially when there’s a need for graduates to stand out from the crowd in a competitive market.
Summary of Role
We are looking for a proactive Postgraduate Recruitment Advisor to engage potential applicants through a wide range of channels and who will rigorously manage the applicant journey. The post-holder should be keen make their mark on a new suite of Postgraduate programmes (launching in September 2018), drawing on their previous experience within a recruitment or marketing role.
Conversion and Marketing
- Meticulously follow up with enquiries for the postgraduate programmes at Pearson Business School.
- Manage and implement postgraduate conversion activities, designed to convert hot leads to applicants in line with annual student recruitment targets. Activities include but are not limited to emails, direct mail, on-site events, phone calls, online and in-person activities.
- Work together with the Marketing team to develop materials such as apply guides, fees and finance brochures and accommodation.
Recruitment and Events
- Work closely with the events team to design and deliver presentations for Postgraduate applicants at Open Days and Taster Days, suitable for a diverse audience.
- Support the admissions team in coordinating applicant workshop.
Enquiries and Team Support
- Ensure accurate and timely updates to the CRM system (Salesforce) through recording activity with prospective students.
- Support the enquiries team with direct enquiries via phone, email and live chat
- Support the Undergraduate Conversion and B2B activities during busy periods of the year (such as confirmation and clearing).
- Naturally methodical, with a keen eye for detail
- Organised and proactive, evidence of planning and continual improvement to build long-term success.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, able to tailor copy writing and presentation style to suit different audiences
- Ability to analyse applicant data to inform decisions
- A positive attitude and flexibility in your approach to work and colleagues.
- Able to make decisions independently based on your knowledge of recruitment and marketing
- Demonstrate resilience and creativity in solving problems.
- Personal gravitas to inspire confidence in others.
- Able to take bold and decisive action to deliver ambitious outcomes, and champion a culture of high performance
- Willingness to travel and work some evenings and weekends throughout the year.
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- CRM/Salesforce experience
- Email Marketing experience (Pardot, Marketing Cloud etc)
- An aptitude for Google sheets, docs and other apps.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment, with multiple priorities
- Experience managing projects, delivered within budget and to tight deadlines.
- Experience of managing successful relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced and competent in designing and delivering engaging content, copy writing or presentations
- Experience within Recruitment or Marketing
- Detailed knowledge of Higher Education
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 30, 2018
Job Unposting: May 25, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1802750
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.