The Senior Developer is key for our product delivery, you will develop core components of our solutions and help select appropriate technologies. Your subject matter expertise will enable you to operate with greater levels of autonomy and decision making.
You will work to our technical standards writing clean, secure code following a test-driven approach, ensuring the code is open as far as possible and can be reused.
The Senior Software Developer will be expected to mentor and lead other engineers in technical tasks, as well as support recruitment and assessment activities.
Your key day to day responsibilities will be:
• Delivering secure, reliable and scalable software, and supporting your team with technical tasks when needed.
• Evaluating and advising on design choices and ensuring that software is high quality and balances technical and business considerations.
• Defining and documenting test cases for new systems and maintaining live systems to ensure ongoing performance.
• Evolving new approaches/solutions with other professions through discoveries, maintaining a focus on development and deployment.
• Helping prioritise and direct technical tasks across your team, to balance new and live services.