BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
This role is field based, and is primarily responsible for managing the activities of 3rd party Architects and Engineers assigned to Capex projects. The Pre-Construction Manager will assist the RE Manager in coordinating Due Diligence, scoping a project, selecting the A-E firm for assignment, managing the planning budget, expediting plan and permit approvals, facilitating approvals of the design documents within BP, working with Construction on value engineering the scope to fit the approved project budget. This role is also responsible for assisting with Construction Administration of bids, RFI's, clarification of BP standards, and representing BP in design interpretation by government officials.
- Manages A-E services for quality, budget, and schedule
- Surveys new site opportunities to Appraise the project feasibility, and coordinates due diligence performed by A-E services.
- Evaluates due diligence information related to scope and design, i.e. SIR and SRR
- Approves site plan and retail building recommended for use by RE Manager
- Recommends A-E budget for approval at each stage-gate of Capital Value Process
- Tracks the progress towards completion of design documents and intervenes when progress falls behind schedule
- Tracks progress of planning & zoning approvals, and facilitates decisions when local boards requires design modifications
- Coordinates value-engineering efforts between the Cost Engineer and Project Manager.
- Coordinates design reviews for approval by Design Manager and seeks deviations from Engineering Manager
- Conducts periodic site visits during construction to review progress, changes orders caused by plan changes, and assists with RFI's
- Bachelor's Degree - preferred degree in Architectural, Engineering, or Construction Technology
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant business experience within Retail Design and Construction - Required
- Understanding of BP Technical Design Standards
- Understanding of Uniform Building Codes, ADA Regs, AIA standards