Principal Packaging Engineer UK & EUR
Cereal Partners UK
Competitive Salary + 17% car allowance and excellent additional benefits
This is a full-time permanent opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process on what this could look like.
We have a new opportunity at our Cereal Partners Worldwide site in Staverton; we are looking for a Packaging Engineer to join the R&D team to support in driving our amazing brands even further.
"At Cereal Partners UK, we have established ourselves as one of the largest cereal manufacturers in the UK, making many well-loved brands with a long heritage.
Cereal Partners Worldwide is a powerful alliance between Nestlé and General Mills, producing some of the biggest names in breakfast cereals.
As a bright, forward thinking company, we are always striving for a new way to develop and market better products, helping to enhance the lifestyle of consumers and stay on top in the highly competitive cereal aisle."
A day in the life of a Principal Packaging Engineer
Reporting into the Global Packaging R&D Manager this role will be support CPW with the UK and European regions packaging activity across our new products, core renovation and margin improvement projects.
Other key responsibility will include:
• Provide packaging leadership and support to UK and EU regions.
• Develop and maintain a packaging pipeline aligned with global and regional business priorities.
• Develop new and innovative packaging material solutions that meet customer & consumer needs while protecting product quality & food safety requirements.
• Provide packaging support to product innovation and core renovation projects.
• Identify and support packaging Total Delivered Cost improvement initiatives.
• Collaborate with packaging Operations, Nestle Procurement and key suppliers to deliver to global and regional plans.
What will make you successful
To be successful in this position you need to demonstrate passion, collaboration and ability to think outside the box.
Other key attributes are:
• Educated to degree level in packaging technology and or relevant scientific or engineering discipline or equivalent.
• Extensive experience in a packaging position, preferable in a food or beverage related environment (FMCG)
• Strong knowledge of packaging materials (carton board, corrugated board, and flexible film), packing equipment (VFFS, HFFS, flow-wrapper) and print processes is essential.
• Ability to demonstrate that you have managed and lead projects end to end.
• Ability to demonstrate influencing skills across levels is essential.
• Previous experience working cross functionally with a number of stakeholders is key.
What you need to know
This opportunity will provide you with real ownership and accountability, offering you development both individually and as part of a highly skilled team.
The closing date for this role 22/01/2021.. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
To find out more about Nestlé please visit: www.nestle.co.uk
On behalf of CPW, Nestlé UK&I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.