The Process and Asset Development team manages and is accountable for quality process design of capital projects that are safe, environmentally compliant and meet all BP, Group, Segment and site safety & health policies, procedures, practices and Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements. Asset development includes supporting the site capital portfolio planning process and supporting investment business case development. This position requires a close relationship with the site Projects and TAR, Business Improvement, Operations, Supply, and Fuels North America (FNA) Strategy and Portfolio Teams.
- Lead and manage the Process and Asset Development (PAD) team .
- Lead and development of team members in accordance with BP Leadership expectations
- Understand capability and resource need s to deliver PAD accountabilities and develop sustainable capability plans to deliver same for the team.
- Set competitive benchmarks (FEL and capital efficiency metrics) and manage performance to achieve those benchmarks.
- Support the CHP Business Improvement team to develop robust projects and business cases to successfully deliver the BIP
- Support the FNA Strategy and Portfolio team and ensure that project plans are in service of strategy.
- Serve on the Portfolio Management Team (PMT) and work closely with other refinery departments and the R&M capital allocation to ensure that capital plans enhance the refinery’s capability to maintain a safe, compliant, reliable and profitable operation.
- Ensure business rigor and corporate Group Investment Appraisal and Approval Procedures (GIAAPS) guidelines are applied to all business cases for projects.
- Rigorously reduce process safety risk in new projects by continuously improving the application of ISD and other PSM principles and practices to process design.
- Ensure all process designs meet company standards
- Work with RTE and industry experts to achieve safe “fit for purpose” designs
- Continuously improve Front End Loading (FEL) work processes between Process Development, Operations and Projects to improve process design and FEL efficiency.
- Develop, maintain, or procure process design modeling tools for FEL.
- Lead and manage engineering contractors as delegated by the Contractor Account Manager.
5-10 years relevant experience required – Desktop computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)