BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The Process Computing Analyst's primary responsibility is to ensure the availability and reliability of the Process Control infrastructure within the refinery. This includes: Support of the Process Control Firewall and all Process Control networks connected to it (DMZ, PIN, PCN, Analyzer, PLC, Wireless, Vibration, etc..). This includes network security. Support for the various servers and workstations connected to those networks, the interfaces between them and all related disaster recovery functions. This includes hardware & software maintenance/upgrades/replacement. In addition, the Process Computing Analyst is responsible for developing and supporting process control related applications and implementing new technologies in support of Business Unit goals.
- Monitors and Maintains the existing Process Control Networks DMZ, PIN, PCN, Analyzer, SIS, PLC, Vibration, etc.., with particular focus on providing reliability and security. Provides expertise for expansion of this network as necessary.
- Incorporates digital security requirements into all Process Control Network systems. Document process control networks & systems to be in compliance with BP Digital Security requirements.
- Incorporates industry best practices for process system digital security
- Work with the Process Computing Team to evaluate and progress upgrade programs for supported applications and equipment
- Supports the site Honeywell Experion DCS infrastructure
- Monitors/maintains/upgrades the Process Control redundant firewalls, implements rule changes as required.
- Monitors/maintains Cisco industrial wireless mesh and Cisco switch equipment. Ensure throughput of system is adequate for business needs. Suggest improvements and expand networks as needed.
- Monitors/maintains/upgrades Windows-based Process Control related servers and workstations, assuring operating systems are patched and upgraded according to an appropriate and timely schedule
- Monitors and Maintains off the shelf and home grown applications.
- Develops new applications as requested using a combination of Visual Studio.Net tools, PHP, and 3rd party API and SDK software.
- Monitors/maintains/upgrades PI databases and interfaces to all Toledo PI databases (PINET, PItoPI, OPC, custom).
- Consult with project teams for hardware and software designs. Implement project hardware/software associated with any Process Control Networks.
- Consults with plant personnel and other members of the Process Control team to evaluate new technologies that will provide value for the Toledo business unit.
- Serves as a technical support resource to plant personnel for process computing related systems/applications (e.g. SOL/NOL and High level excursion, Weather Monitoring, Corrosion Monitoring, etc.) as well as general process computing-related questions as required.
- Provides troubleshooting expertise for all maintained computer/control systems as part of team coverage on a 24/7 basis
Required: Associates Degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Technology, Information System, Engineering, plus 3 years related work experience.
Preferred: BS Degree in the above-mentioned fields.
Preferred: CNE, CCNA, MCP, MCSE, VCP, CISSP or other digital security certifications
Required: 1-2 years of experience as a network administrator in a Microsoft Windows environment supporting applications and network infrastructure.
Preferred: 3 or more years of experience supporting process-related computer systems 24 x 7 in the refining or petrochemical industry or in a manufacturing environment, experience with OSIsoft PI database and interfaces, experience with Process Control Systems such as Honeywell TDC/TPS/Experion, Modicon PLC's, etc.