The Process Computing Team Lead provides line management for the Process Computing Team, and oversees all support, projects, short- and long-term planning for which the team has responsibility. This includes ensuring the cybersecurity and reliability of the Process Control, Safety Shutdown, PLCs, and Wireless Instrumentation infrastructure within the refinery, to assure continuous availability of these systems to multiple users.
- Ensures availability and reliability of the Process Control infrastructure by:
- Coordinating a Preventative Maintenance (PM) program
- Ensures that support is available 24/7
- Ensures that supported process networks are secure per BP standards (i.e. OS patches, malware, backup/restore, and other key factors)
- Ensures that a business continuation/disaster recovery plan is in place
- Ensures a scheduled server and network switch replacement program is in place and maintained, and informs the capital budget accordingly
- Develops and maintains a budget for ongoing maintenance
- Provides line management for a small team of technical professionals: Assistance with annual goal-setting, personal development, conducts mid-year and year-end performance reviews
- Determines staffing needs within the Process Computing team; balancing resources as needed to meet support and project requirements.
- Acts as a mentor to Process Computing Analysts and DCS Hardware Specialists, assisting in increasing their skill level.
- Provides overall Project Management for the Process Computing team
- Provides a single point of contact for the Process Computing team
- Oversees the development of custom programming and interfaces to ensure seamless communication between systems
- Develops an annual training Plan for the Process Computing Team
- Works with appropriate business unit personnel to provide Process Control based solutions to existing problems and develop new strategies to optimize operations
- Required: Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in a technical field such as Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Required: All requirements and desired qualities specified for Process Computing Analyst, minimum of 5 years experience as an Analyst or Senior Analyst in the Process Computing team or similar position.