The Process Engineer will be accountable for the delivery of engineering objectives for new projects and plant continuous improvement initiatives. As the Process Engineer, you will interface with Site Leadership, as well as with corporate staff, Regional Engineering, and technical representatives from Research and Development on a regular basis.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for the identification and implementation of best practice initiatives to optimize the Department's productivity and efficiency. You will work closely with Regional Engineering to scope, design, and execute large scale and complex capital projects for the BP's Lubricants Business.
As a member of the Process team, you will also provide leadership to Process Operators to ensure compliance to ISO14001, ISO9001, RC14001, IATF16949, OMS (Operating Management System) standards, and Castrol/BP HSSE policies and guidelines. You will also be responsible for providing technical support and expertise for the Process Department to key stakeholders, such as project management, Logistics, etc. The Process Engineer will lead Root Cause Analyses to seek solutions for process issues and will be responsible for implementing necessary controls to eliminate them in the future.
- Leads the design and implementation of CAPEX projects in the Process Department to ensure high quality and justified investments that support HSSE/Quality standards, the Operating Management System and needs/objectives of the business.
- Provides technical and engineering design inputs for projects.
- Assists in the delivery of the annual budget/operating plan.
- Assists in the design and implementation of new projects by engaging the workforce on opportunities to drive operational and cost improvements to achieve production needs in support of the business.
- Assists the Process Department Team Leader and Facilitator in Process Department operations to ensure safe, responsible, reliable, and efficient performance through the implementation of safety Leadership and OMS. Model quality and safety leadership through active engagement of the team.
- Ensures all new and existing projects and Continuous Improvement initiatives provide quality product in line with BP Lubes Global Quality Manual through the application of rigorous and disciplined quality management practices, processes and procedures for all in-bound raw material and in-process products (FFU) and all finished products (FFS) to ensure compliance to BP and industry standards.
- Assists Customer Service by optimizing and ensuring the readiness of the processes and assets in the Process Department.
- Drives and/or implements continuous improvement and strategic projects/ initiatives that will enable Best In Class performance of MFG operations in the key areas of (i) safety (ii) quality (product & service) (iii) cost and cash.
- Participates in FAT, SAT, and all necessary Engineering reviews
- Identifies and develops resolutions for operating inefficiencies in line with HSSE and Quality standards.
- OMS Compliance as a Risk Owner and/or Action Owner and/or Risk Advisor accountable for assigned risk assurance and management responsibilities.
- Serves as Area Authority/issuing Authority for Process within Control of Work program.
A Bachelor Degree in Engineering related discipline - Chemical or Mechanical preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in process engineering and/or operations.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in engineering principles, practices and methods, environmental regulations, workplace safety, budgeting, and personnel management.
- Shows commitment to Health & Safety without reservation.
- Leads by example and accomplishes goals through relationship influence techniques in addition to direct management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Visio.
- Proficient in Auto CAD.
- Possesses analytical problem solving skills, as well as "out of the box" brainstorming capability.