BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
As the Process Engineer, you will be accountable for a broad range of responsibilities including daily support for Operations,Process
Monitoring and Optimization, and leadership for process safety and environmental compliance activities. Additionally, you will take a key role in various special assignments such as turnaround support activities, project commissioning and catalyst selection. The Process Engineer will function as a team member to assure availability and to optimize across the refinery and support the daily operation of one of the operating units. You will be responsible for developing ideas, technical assurance, design criteria and building business cases for project investments.
- Deliver personal capability - accountable for growing professionally, and exploring opportunities that establish the basis for long term career planning
- Deliver Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental compliance accountable for personal and process safety, compliance to standards and applying technical knowledge to unit health, safety, security, and environmental issues
- Network with site manufacturing technical representatives, commercial, projects organizations, technology netoworks, and other BP sites sharing and bringing applied information on short-term tactical and strategic initiatives, programs, and projects to Whiting. - Support asset owner's interests pertaining to compliance, sustaining and capability/growth frontend work.
- Monitor and communicate unit technical process status, risks, and opportunities. This includes maintaining and developing advanced monitoring tools and interfacing with Reliability, Inspection and Commercial teams.
- Provide technical leadership for Operations, Environmental and Technology issues.
- Deliver operational technical support through improved process improvements, turnarounds, performance tests, and troubleshooting exercises. This may include occasionally working shift/evening/weekend schedule.
- Deliver technical learning - accountable for ensuring technical knowledge is captured, maintained, and easily retrievable and shared appropriately.
- Provide in-department backfill coverage for other engineers.
- Supports operations through development and maintenance of area models, mass balances, Safe Operating Limits, Critical alarms, and other tools used by the complex.
- Provide input into project design and major system modification
- Support Process Hazards Analyses in order to mitigate operational risk
- Assist in significant process incident investigations in order to help identify root causes and define future preventative measures
- Own and maintain unit process models for tuning planning tools and operating scenario evaluations
- Consult with Operations Team as required for opportunity identification and constraint management
- Provide input to technically complex process procedures
- Collaborate with Production Planning and Commercial Development teams and initiatives to develop and optimize profitability in near and long term planning
- Support projects to expand/improve unit capabilities by providing process expertise as required
Bachelor's of Science in in Engineering; Chemical Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Process Engineering roles preferably in a refinery environment or production facility, OR equivalent experience and skill development in a different role.
- Experience in one of the areas primary processes (Crude and Vacuum Distillation Units or Delayed Coking Units) is beneficial
- Good computer skills including EXCEL.