Nestlé UK & Ireland
Procurement Business Partner – Nestlé Waters
York, Gatwick or Buxton (Flexible on location)
Salary up to £55,000 + car allowance and excellent companywide benefits
This is a full-time permanent opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to use during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Procurement Business Partner who wants to broaden their skill-set in a role that offers development and progression whilst working for one of the world’s most recognised global brands, Nestlé Waters UK&I. This role will act as a true Procurement Business Partner supporting our Waters business to deliver on all their procurement needs both from a factory and head office perspective. Given Waters ambitious growth plans this will give you amazing opportunities to really work collaboratively to deliver on their business needs.
A day in the life of a Procurement Business Partner
As a Procurement Business Partner you will be responsible for integrating Nestlé Waters business needs into relevant procurement strategies considering market evolution and expected innovations. You will work closely with local sourcing teams and above the market category buying teams to provide the right level of information outside and into the market to support their procurement activities. A key part of this role will see you monitor the success of procurement activities understanding the impact towards local business goals whilst regularly reviewing our procurement approach to drive continuous improvements that delivers great results for our Waters business.
• Understand the BU/Functional strategies and priorities translating them into needs whilst integrating this information into our procurement category strategies both in and above the UK&I Market.
• Play a key role in the early stages of new product deveopmenr (I2L) at a market level working closely with other functional specific groups to develop the strategies and ascertain the necessary supplier needs.
• Ensure the development, management and prioritisation of all procurement activities across all the spend categories to effectively achieve the business and operational targets on a local and global basis.
• Effectively deliver short- and long-term strategic cost savings, sustainability, risk mitigation and process improvements benefit to the business.
• Work closely with our global Buyers to provide the right level of information above and in the market to support their procurement activities, managing appropriate teams that supports the relevant supply stream of responsibility.
• Be responsible for managing strategic supplier relationships through the implementation of the sourcing strategy and key SRM initiatives, managing the performance and delivery of the suppliers.
• Be an active line manager, helping develop your direct report, but also the wider procurement team capabilities
• Actively contribute to the at market local procurement leadership team and the delivery of the local procurement goals, behaviours and values, taking an active role in promoting procurement beyond the function.
What will make you successful
Ideally educated to graduate level or equivalent you will have a breadth of experience in a purchasing or wider supply chain role with a proven track record of managing complex projects. You will be accustomed to working with a range of stakeholders, across a variety of functions and be confident in challenging and influencing others. Your financial understanding is key as is ensuring the business objectives are aligned with the procurement objectives. You will have an excellent eye for detail and understand how your decisions impact the wider business strategy coupled with your ability to be flexible when prioritising work in an environment that is very often ambiguous.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 14/05/2021
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.