The Procurement Specialist (PS) provides procurement support to the BP Toledo Refinery within the context of: (1) day to day operation, (2) project-based activity, and (3) unplanned work and emergencies. All work executed by the Procurement Specialist is in support of the safe, reliable, and compliant operation of the plant.
The primary focus of the Procurement Specialist is to understand the site's demand in support of a specific area of focus; such as operations, maintenance, projects, or turnarounds. The role is a conduit between the site and external stakeholders.
By understanding the demand, the Procurement Specialist will work with colleagues across the Downstream Procurement organization; specifically, the Procurement Category teams, to ensure that all sourcing and contracting is executed in a timely manner. However, in the event of an emergency, the Procurement Specialist will source goods and services locally. Additionally, the Procurement Specialist will support category management initiatives which are specific to the site. The Procurement Specialist must ensure that local requirements and constraints are properly understood and accounted for in the development and delivery of category strategies.
The Procurement Specialist must build trust with stakeholders and local suppliers. The Procurement Specialist will actively work to build relationships with the supply base and manage onsite performance via facilitation of routine supplier performance management meetings. The roles also owns the accountability of onboarding new suppliers, and setting them up for success. The role will also work closely with the Global Business Services (GBS) team to ensure that Purchase to Pay (P2P) is systematic and in control.
- Act as the site-based interface to stakeholders, contract owners, and local suppliers
- Work as part of a single Downstream Procurement organisation, providing a co-ordinated and aligned interface for business stakeholders, through effective communication and interaction with the global Downstream Procurement organisation
- Provide advice and guidance to business stakeholders, and ensure business customers are satisfied with their Procurement service
- Provide coaching and advice to more junior team members
Demand Planning and Strategy
- Manages demand analysis and gathers business needs across spend, including management and planning
- Leads the supplier performance management programs (CAM programme); including supplier planning, target setting, and facilitating key meetings
- Manages inputs to regional and/or local business, supplier and demand insight provided to category teams to inform future category and sourcing strategy development
- Work with category teams to ensure timeliness and quality of sourcing and contracting; oversee day-to-day interaction with the Global Business Services (GBS) team (e.g. RfX event management and compliance to local RtP)
- Perform contract management activities; including contract set-up (working in close partnership with Procurement Category teams), change negotiation, localisation, on-boarding contract holders and suppliers, contract implementation, disputes and claims, close-out and exit, and compliance management.
- Provide support for to the warehouse as required
- Perform high-impact expediting as required
- Provide break-in support for short wavelength sourcing, contracting and negotiating (as required by Procurement Category teams, due to business demand and capacity)
Turnaround, Projects and Emergency Incidents
- Support the TAR manager with TAR planning and execution
- Respond to emergency outages and incidents, as required
Bachelors Degree in a supply chain, business, or technical discipline required.
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience required.
- Skilled application in business and demand planning.
- Master influencer with stakeholder management skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Skilled application in supplier management and tactical procurement.