The Product Manager will execute the product and category strategy for Commercial Vehicle Oils (COV), Industrial High Performance Lubricants (HPL) and Specialties for Castrol in North America. The role will actively manage product life cycles and administration to ensure a focused and profitable portfolio. The Product Manager will work closely with the Offer Activation team, Brand team and Pricing teams in market to activate marketing offers and the strategy. The role will also represent the market through local insight to the global product managers.
- Accountable for translating global product category strategy and product range choices into local product marketing plans Contribute local knowledge and insight to global product category strategies for Industrial and CVO. Contribute to the 5 year innovation pipeline in order to grow, differentiate and evolve the portfolio.
- Managing the product portfolio to deliver near and long term GM growth targets consistent with global space/brand strategies
- Implementing the product category framework and follow the product portfolio management rule to simplify and manage the range
- Actively administering product life cycles to ensure a strategic and profitable portfolio, Managing the additions and deletions to the portfolio to simplify and evolve the range to maintain differentiation and ensure clear category product growth and exit strategies within the rules of the game framework
- Managing the Streamline/Fusion/ODIMS systems for the market
- Maintaining Product Data Sheets and the lubricant Oracle
- Working within Pricing framework established for each product to maintain premiumisation
- Monitoring and managing product and brand positioning and lifecycles for the product range in market, and action repositioning and rationalization as appropriate to deliver improved performance and reduced complexity.
- Monitoring and driving category/product performance within Brand, product and WILG framework
- Executing the innovation pipeline with agreement from offer activation, PPI, brand and comms in market
- Embedding product plans into the LBM process to plan, implement and review product launches and measure product category performance. Contribute to the product management review in the LBM cycle to ensure marketing interventions are reflected and tracked in operational planning.
- Ensuring business compliance of products and skus
- Ensuring strong internal relationships within the wider Castrol marketing function, such as Comms, Project Management and Pricing to enable successful implementation of new product offers.
- Adhering to Castrol ODI and OMS product management processes e.g. ODIMS and Marketing the Castrol Way
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related discipline required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Marketing, Sales and/or Technology in Lubricants or similar industries, managing B2B customers.
- Experience working in a global organization, with understanding of processes and systems in which multinational companies operate, especially in processes related to Product Launch and Product Management.
- Strong leadership, cross-functional team management, and project management skills with proven understanding of B2B issues and perspectives with a track record of developing solutions based on insights and trends, as well as consumer/customer needs and behaviors.
- Independent thinking and problem solving within a dynamic and challenging marketing environment. Of particular importance are the following attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills when dealing with key business partners, internal team members and peers;
- Analytical skills to determine effectiveness of marketing, sales and promotional initiatives;
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills to ensure multiple projects are managed and completed within agreed timeframes;
- Pro-activity, initiative and the ability to work autonomously;
- Strong oral and written communication expertise and PC skills, particularly spreadsheet analysis and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with brand and campaign performance measurement, market research and/or customer insights/voice of the customer measurement.
- Ability to successfully build enduring and productive relationships with all levels of the organizations from a broad range of business disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to influence a Sales team in meeting strategic objectives whilst delivering sustainable, in-year performance.