Product Manager (LCCI Qualifications & Learning Services)
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
This is an exciting time for Pearson and LCCI. Global skills shortages mean that there is a pressing need for job-focused and task-specific qualifications and learning services that can help people quickly upskill and become more employable. LCCI fills that need and presents a huge opportunity for Pearson to increase its presence in addressing global skills gaps and the employability agenda, as well as driving the digital transformation. A number of qualification suites have already been redeveloped, and we are entering the next phase in LCCI’s journey; looking into digital learning and assessment, and expanding into new markets.
The LCCI Product Manager (Qualifications and Learning Services) is responsible for managing LCCI’s portfolio of qualifications and learning services; identifying skills gaps; taking new propositions from concept design to fruition and ensuring that they remain aligned to learner and market needs; managing LCCI’s move to digital; driving brand improvements to ensure smooth product, customer and learner journeys; and championing the brand amongst internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for someone with ideas, determination and a passion for devising learning and assessment solutions to help people become more employable, and address the global skills gap. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Key Role Deliverables:
- Manage the LCCI Professional qualifications and learning services portfolio, demonstrating a deep understanding of its products and markets.
- Design, develop and deliver through technical teams, internationally recognised qualifications and learning solutions with local relevance and recognition.
- Define and lead the implementation of an innovative proposition strategy for an international Pearson qualification portfolio; networking internally and externally to develop the product propositions, and leading on new models for learner engagement.
- Creation and/ or commissioning of product surround, for example published resources, with a strong focus on creative digital solutions.
- Own and manage parts of the product roadmap and lifecycle for the LCCI portfolio of qualifications, including the research, development, training and review.
- Lead on the LCCI Professional Efficacy plan; understanding and measuring learner outcomes across the portfolio, as well as driving improvement plans when learner outcomes are not meeting anticipated expectations.
- Work with internal teams to define the LCCI qualification development and assessment strategy; reviewing its effectiveness and driving improvements through others.
- Feed in to the employability agenda for HEQ, and drive this forward through the development of innovative LCCI products and services.
- Understand product and service performance; working with customers and learners to define customer value and interpret that into propositions.
- Monitor the marketplace; identifying and sharing information on global skills gaps and trends.
- Provide sales training/ briefings and tools to support the sales team throughout the launch of new product campaigns.
- Feed in to the LCCI brand experience and drive improvements to the LCCI proposition strategy, ensuring a smooth product, customer and learner journey.
- Understand the UK development strategy and the impact it has on the international market.
- Manage and define the LCCI product operational plan and budget, ensuring that activities provide value for money and are in line with Pearson’s strategy.
Desirable Previous Experience / Knowledge
- Track record in leading, managing and developing innovative market winning propositions.
- Ability to develop and execute product strategies.
- Project management experience and/or management of matrix virtual teams.
- Understands and anticipates customer and learner needs to achieve outcomes which benefit both internal and external customers
- Forward-thinking, analytical and pragmatic approach to work
- Experience of conducting market research to inform product propositions.
- Direct experience of building products and solutions for/in the education sector
- Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively within a matrix structure
- Extensive previous customer facing experience
- Strong ability to present to external stakeholders
- Experience in qualification or learning services product management
- Organised and structured, with track record in driving innovative solutions to processes and systems.
- Experience in developing and delivering successful long term strategies for products and/ or servicesPassion for identifying skills gaps and driving forward the employability agenda
- Engaging and confident individual with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to present complex issues in an easily understood fashion to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Budget management skills
- Experience of working within an educational context
- Creation of digital learning services
- Qualification development experience
- Publishing experience
- Classroom/ teaching/ curriculum development experience
- Experience within an international educational context
- Experience within an international context
- Knowledge of vocational education and current market and policy drivers
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Degree or equivalent
- Training/qualifications in print or digital education solutions or qualifications development
Systems, Tools & IT Literacy
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
Personal style and behaviours
- An excellent team worker with exceptional communication skills, must have the ability to find solutions to problems and flag issues at the appropriate level.
- Ability to be flexible in working hours to engage with our international stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel internationally to support the HEQ strategy.
- Ability to improve the service offering for our learners by continuously requesting feedback from our stakeholders.
- The desire to work on multiple projects in a face paced changing environment.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Job: Product Management
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Sep 4, 2018
Job Unposting: Oct 2, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1812341
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.