Product Marketing Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the global marketing of a specific portfolio of School products and solutions, delivering compelling value propositions, product stories and messages. In close partnership with the multiple product teams, you will develop and deliver marketing campaigns and inform product strategy and branding decisions. Working with your counterparts around the globe, you will assure the value propositions of our School products and solutions are communicated and promoted in a compelling manner, combining global marketing channels and our local marketing teams to maximize reach and impact.
- Develop product attributes into value propositions, product positioning and marketing messages.
- Develop and manage the execution of a global product marketing plan utilizing the whole marketing mix
- Design and deliver product launches and sustain campaigns, with well-defined success metrics, in collaboration with the country marketing teams.
- Develop marketing content and core product marketing assets in both print and digital (e.g. catalogues, brochures, web content, videos, customer testimonials) for key products and product categories, for use by sales and marketing in all geographies.
- Be responsible for the campaign calendar, coordinating milestones and deliverables according to the promotion calendar of key Geos for maximum impact on sales.
- Establish key product priorities with the marketing teams in key geographies to ensure successful local marketing sales efforts.
- Work effectively in a heavily cross functional, fast-paced environment, especially working across global functions (Portflio, Tech, Global Marketing) and local/Geo functions (Sales, Marketing, Product).
- Travel as needed to key Geos to inform market knowledge, product and campaign strategy
- Gather, synthesize, and share market and customer insights to fuel innovation, to position products and service offerings at the segment/discipline level, to anticipate course trends, to identify new market opportunities, and ultimately to inform product strategy and investment decisions.
- Conduct comparative analyses of internal and competitive offerings in order to better position our products and campaigns.
- Preserve brand fidelity and delivering a consistent approach to branding and customer experience across all product categories.
- Support market development programs (class tests, pilots, etc.) to elicit customer requirements, demonstrate effectiveness of the product, and identify sales opportunities.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in product marketing, preferably in education and/or other similar B2B business
- Self-motivated and with a positive, can-do attitude towards challenges and obstacles, comfortable with uncertainty and a changing environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders simultaneously and prioritize use of budget and resources
- Comprehensive knowledge of the whole marketing mix and experience in adapting it to different markets and situations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively for diverse audiences
- Learner obsessed, putting the learner at the center of all work
- Critical thinker and problem solver who is motivated to seek data to inform his or her work
- Outstanding team player able to earn cross-functional/cross-geographic team confidence through influencing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Primary Location: GB-GB-Oxford
Work Locations: GB-Oxford-Jordan Hill Halley Court Jordan Hill Oxford OX2 8EJ
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 28, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1902735
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.