Product Marketing Manager
As the global leader in electronic testing, Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) validates the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Our customers’ high-stakes certification, licensure, admissions and other credentialing exams help people advance in technology, government and professional careers, as well as attain educational growth. Pearson VUE offers proctored exams through the world's largest network of test centers in addition to testing in online and unproctored environments.
Certiport (www.Certiport.com), a Pearson VUE company, prepares individuals with current and relevant digital skills and credentials for the competitive global workforce. These solutions are delivered by more than 12,000 Certiport Centers worldwide and include the official Microsoft Office certification program, the Microsoft Technology Associate certification program, the Adobe® Certified Associate certification program, the CompTIA Strata™ IT Fundamentals, the Autodesk® Certified User certification program, the Intuit® QuickBooks Certified User certification program and the Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC³®).
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategic marketing of an assigned product(s) or program(s); based on persona- or pragmatic-marketing principles. Including strategic marketing research and planning, this role may include many different deliverables, tools, and initiatives. Product Marketing Managers also work closely with designated external client contacts as well as internal virtual teams, which include Product Managers, Field Marketing Managers, and Sales Associates. This position ensures achievement of strategic revenue objectives for a specific product/program or product/program family by identifying customer needs and developing marketing strategies and solutions to meet those needs.
Working closely with the global international Certiport partner channel, the Certiport Field Marketing team, the Certiport Product Management and Account Management teams, as well as assigned contacts from our respective third-party clients, the Product Marketing Manager develops strategic marketing plans used to drive tactical campaign execution on sales leads. The Product Marketing Manager is also responsible for developing all product web properties, collateral, and sales enablement training and tools. This position will also serve as the voice for the product for the assigned client’s regional marketing managers, Certiport’s geographic sales leads, and appropriate internal teams in Bloomington, MN or American Fork, UT, as needed.
Strategic Product Marketing Planning
- Develop strategic marketing plans for assigned certification programs and socialize them with appropriate internal and external audiences.
- Establish specific metrics for success related to all objectives in the strategic marketing plan to guide demand generation decisions and tactical plans. Evaluate the success of field marketing activities in achieving these metrics and work with assigned field and international marketing managers to adjust or extend tactical plans as necessary.
- Research and develop in-depth customer personas for assigned certification programs and use that research to drive marketing strategies and tactics.
- Develop in-depth Product Messaging Document (PMDs) as a foundation for all marketing initiatives and activities designed to drive overall test volume for designated products, in designated geographies.
- Manage marketing and communication activities and events for assigned products either directly or indirectly.
- Act as the primary customer-facing product evangelist for assigned certification programs and present at a variety of external venues.
- Work closely with assigned Field Marketing Manager(s) to develop account marketing plans, timelines, and budgets for marketing activities as required.
- Manage budget within project and marketing plan, track project expenditures, and look for low cost efficiencies to maximize marketing dollars.
- Work with senior management and International Marketing Managers to provide strategic recommendations for focus countries, partners, and international objectives in order to achieve corporate and client objectives.
- Work closely with internal team and external vendors to implement product marketing activities and tactics.
- Work closely with assigned client marketing contacts to identify upload volume and targets globally and integrate those objectives into the prioritized corporate revenue objectives.
- Routinely review success metrics and ROI objectives based on updated research and internal/external feedback.
- Make recommendations based on acquired business intelligence for future activities and promotions.
Creative Execution of Product Marketing Deliverables
- Develop and drive creative production of standard product marketing materials, including such items as web properties, product collateral, sales enablement tools, product success stories, social media messaging, newsletter articles, and campaign offers such as white papers and product demos.
- Ensure compliance with client-brand guidelines, certification program contracts, and other legal and financial rules, including obtaining required signatures and approvals when engaging creative and other vendors.
- Based on the direction of the Creative Services team, work with members of the Creative Services team, freelancers, or vendors as needed to develop approved product marketing materials.
- Develop an appropriate variety of product offers to be used by the field and international marketing teams to drive demand via targeted campaigns.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal teams, partners, and client marketing contacts as assigned.
- Act as the product marketing contact for internal sales and marketing teams as assigned.
Partner Enablement and Tradeshow Support
- Assist in product training and enablement at events such as Regional Partner Conferences, a yearly Global Partner Summit, and monthly training webinars.
- Provide product marketing evangelism and presentation support at tradeshows, academic organizations, and conferences as appropriate.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent with emphasis in Marketing, Business, or Communications is required. MBA or Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Requires 5 years of marketing experience working on a variety of marketing and market development activities, certification, online education, or data analytics.
- Experience working with high-level customer contacts.
- Experience working with affiliates, external representatives or strategic partners helpful.
- Experience working in a highly-matrixed, global team preferred.
- Experience in international marketing preferred.
- Experience managing projects from inception to completion, including managing to a timeline and budget.
- Ability to develop and present ideas and plans clearly and confidently to all levels of internal and external management, partners, clients, and customers.
- Adept in using Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) and experience working with internal and outsourced graphic design or web design teams helpful
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Highly motivated, organized individual with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Deep understanding of Pragmatic or persona-driven marketing preferred.
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and in occasionally stressful situations.
- Relationship management and negotiation skills required.
- Interpersonal savvy with customer focus.
- Knowledge of IT certification industry and/or electronic testing preferred.
- IC3 certification and MOS certification preferred.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-UT-American Fork
Work Locations: US-UT-American Fork-1276 South 820 East 1276 South 820 East American Fork 84003
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Dec 20, 2017
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1720233