Product Marketing Manager - Assessment
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Group: Global Product Organization
Division: English and Schools
Position: Product Marketing Manager - Assessments
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the global marketing of a portfolio of English Assessments (tests and certificates), delivering compelling value propositions, product stories and messages. In close partnership with the Assessment Portfolio (Product) and the broader English Marketing team, you will develop and oversee marketing campaigns and inform product strategy and branding decisions. Working with Marketing teams in our markets around the globe, you will ensure the value propositions of our products and solutions are communicated and promoted in a compelling manner, combining global marketing channels and our local marketing teams to maximize reach and impact. The brands, products and solutions assigned to you might change from time to time to assure a fresh perspective and dissemination of ideas and best practices.
- Develop product attributes into value propositions, product positioning and marketing messages.
- Develop and manage the execution of a global product marketing plan utilizing the whole marketing mix
- Design and deliver product launches and sustain campaigns, with well-defined success metrics, in collaboration with the country marketing teams.
- Develop marketing content and core product marketing assets in both print and digital (e.g. catalogues, brochures, web content, videos, customer testimonials) for key products and product categories, for use by sales and marketing in all geographies.
- Be responsible for the campaign calendar, coordinating milestones and deliverables according to the promotion calendar of key Geos for maximum impact on sales.
- Establish key product priorities with the marketing teams in key geographies to ensure successful local marketing sales efforts.
- Work effectively in a heavily cross functional, fast-paced environment, especially working across global functions (Portfolio, Tech, Global Marketing) and local/Geo functions (Sales, Marketing, Product).
- Travel as needed to key Geos to inform market knowledge, product and campaign strategy
- Gather, synthesize, and share market and customer insights to fuel innovation, to position products and service offerings at the segment/discipline level, to anticipate course trends, to identify new market opportunities, and ultimately to inform product strategy and investment decisions.
- Conduct comparative analyses of incumbent and emerging competitors in order to position our products and campaigns for aggressive disruption.
- Preserve brand fidelity and delivering a consistent approach to branding and customer experience across all product categories.
- Support market development programs (class tests, pilots, etc.) to elicit customer requirements, demonstrate effectiveness of the product, and identify sales opportunities.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or equivalent
- Relevant experience in product marketing, preferably in education and/or other similar B2B business. Experience in English language learning or assessments is desirable.
- Self-motivated and with a positive, can-do attitude towards challenges and obstacles, comfortable with uncertainty and a changing environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders simultaneously and prioritize use of budget and resources
- Comprehensive knowledge of the whole marketing mix and experience in adapting it to different markets and situations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively for diverse audiences
- Commercially astute
- Teacher centric, student centric, cares about working hard to make the best products win in the marketplace
- Critical thinker and problem solver who is motivated to seek data to inform his or her work
- Team player able to earn cross-functional/cross-geographic team confidence through influencing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 24, 2017
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1718525