Product Owner (Mobile Solutions)
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Product Manager, the Product Owner owns and manages the development of assigned products in the Pearson Global Product Core & Growth portfolio (Mobile Solutions) .
The focus of this role is on ensuring that the prioritised deliverables are defined, created and delivered on time to meet customer needs, ensuring that a pragmatic approach is taken to achieve the delivery of the product Roadmap.
- Managing the backlog – With input from key stakeholders in Product Management Business Managers and the Product Manager, the product owner has the primary responsibility to prioritise, build, prune, and maintain the backlog, including:
- User stories
- Refactoring, optimising and management of the technical debt
- Input into the assessment of pre-backlog initiatives
- Driving the iterations – Including, but not limited to:
- Participate, contribute and add value to the sprint planning and/or PI planning meetings
- Participate, contribute and add value in Triage meetings
- Participate, contribute and add value to Release planning meetings
- Elaborating stories on a just-in-time basis with the team
- Ensuring that Acceptance Criteria are defined for each story
- Ensuring that Analytics requirements are clearly articulated in all relevant user stories
- Accepting stories into thebacklog
- Accepting the sprint deliverables or PI increments
- Co-planning the release –Working with the Technical Project Manager, Project Manager, other Product Owners, Business Managers and Service Manager, the Product Owner is accountable for frequent, reliable, and continuous release of value-added product to the customer.
- Scope and acceptance criteria definition and management of the sprint deliverables – Responsible for ensuring that the delivery team has all the information required to successfully deliver the sprint backlog.
- Overall quality of the Product.
- Development Teams
- QA Managers
- Technical Project Managers
- Architecture Owner
- Product Management Business Managers
- Project Manager
- Product Manager
- Pearson Portfolio teams, Technology, UX, Product Management Customer Operations and readiness teams
- Geography teams
- Prioritizing product backlog to ensure delivery on quality, time and budget while satisfying the needs of a variety of stakeholders.
- Working within an international, cross-team matrix structure and (as appropriate), across different Pearson operating companies, to ensure good communication and effective decision-making.
- Understanding of the educational digital market place, competing digital products, and how to build competitive digital products and services for the English & Schools market.
- Communication. Ability to articulate clearly and effectively technical and functional issues to a range of colleagues and third parties with a wide range of technical understanding.
- Collaboration and teamwork. Ability to work effectively and flexibly with a variety of internal project team members and other stakeholders
- Influencing: challenge assumptions. Effective in managing change and ambiguity
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
- Experience working with enterprise systems and platforms for online learning and assessment
- Experience working in dynamic Agile environments
- Publishing experience
- Education Domain Knowledge
- Excellent technical understanding of online technologies, and learning management systems. Effective scope triage requires the constant evaluation of technical, functional, performance, and user-value trade-offs for effective decision making.
- Excellent understanding of mobile technologies and solutions, and the development life cycle to produce and deliver high quality apps on mobile devices
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture.
- Fluent in Programme, Portfolio and Project Management methodologies.
- Fluent in Agile methods, preferably SCRUM or Scaled Agile Framework.
- Stakeholder management.
- Outstanding communications skills at all levels of the organization.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Other Locations PL-PL-Poznan, GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park Hockham Way Kao Two Harlow CM17 9SR
Job: Product Management
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 3, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1909572
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.