Product Testing Manager
The Product Testing Manager partners closely with Portfolio Management and Product Marketing to validate first edition products, key franchise revisions, large media investments, learning tools, and new product model initiatives across the Science portfolio. They initiate and manage complete market development plans, including the budgets, driving unique plans and activities through internal or vendor managed solutions. Product Testing activities and the resulting data inform product development, branding, positioning, sales strategy, implementation and support.
- Work with the product team to create aMarket Development plan in line with the scope required to achieve the agreed upon goals and outcomes of Product Testing support.
- Determine resource needs based on eachproduct, and find/secure the appropriate resources.
- When applicable, train and onboardvendors in our Product Testing process, how to conduct effective MarketDevelopment activities, how to work with our product teams/systems, andcommunicate with customers as representatives of Pearson.
- Review initial vendor work for quality, correcting where necessary.
- Manage overall budget, connecting with vendorand internal stakeholders routinely to update and adjust accordingly depending on product and market demands.
- Participate in key Market Development meetings and strategysessions on products within Product Testing.
- Manage and conduct virtual or in person focus groups.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 yrs relevant experience, preferably in publishing.
- Ability to understand and independantly plan for additional resources needed in order to meet set goals and objectives and to be thorough with efforts
- Ability to problem solve, propose new solutions when issues arise and provide a high level of customer service to meet commitments
- Ability to think critically and analytically about the data as well as clearly communicating next steps.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across the organization, adapt to changes in the fast-paced environment and manage competing demands and rapidly changing priorities
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-CA-San Francisco
Work Locations: US-CA-San Francisco-1301 Sansome 1301 Sansome Street San Francisco 94111
Job: Product Management
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 17, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1800756