BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment!
The Production Manager is a critical role on the operating Leadership Team at the BP Castrol Lubricants plant in Baton Rouge, and will develop business results which dramatically foster a safe, quality, and productive workplace. While managing a high speed packaging line in a chemical plant environment, the role holder will be expected to optimize the relationships between the employees and the equipment they rely on in the largest lubricant blending facility within the region.
As a visible leader of Health & Safety and Quality policies, the role will manage the team through the execution of robust processes and procedures to maintain a high standard of customer service. This role is responsible for establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), benchmarking and tracking the plant's progress towards meeting goals. Ultimately, the Production Manager will drive performance improvement, excellence, and pursue opportunities for personnel capability development.
- Leads 3 Production Facilitators, hourly operators and contractors within the department by setting clear direction, priorities, and boundaries. Manages performance rigorously, holds self and team accountable. Provides performance feedback semi-annually for both salaried and hourly personnel.
- Delivers superior Health, Safety, Security & Environmental (HSSE) leadership to ensure no accidents, no harm to people, no damage to the environment. Ensures compliance to all HSSE requirements (SOCs, Near miss Follow up, Regional and Plant initiatives). Inspires a speak up culture.
- Ensure quality product in line with BP lubes global quality manual and standards. Achieved through the application of rigorous and disciplined quality management practices, processes and procedures to ensure compliance to BP and industry standards.
- Engages the team and generates a culture of continuous improvement for the operations.
- Provide engineering support for equipment and production improvements, including plant and CAPEX projects. Be the functional expert on packaging equipment, layout, and productivity.
- Ensure all employees are trained through the DACA (documented, accountable, competent, assured) process. Provides assurance of compliance to procedures / work instructions through auditing.
- Daily, weekly, monthly kpi reporting for Production performance. I.e. OEE, Liters/labor hour, Production PM completion, OT, absenteeism, etc.
- Ensures MOC (Management of Change) process is strictly adhered to for all changes related to operations
- Responsible for the cleanliness and appearance of the operations areas to maintain a safe working environment utilizing 5S techniques.
- Risk owner and action owner accountable for assigned risk assurance and management responsibilities as defined in OMS 3.1 Lubricants Global Risk assessment and management process roles and responsibilities procedure.
- Supports Crisis and Continuity management for the sites.
- Supports Control of Work activities in the production department by completing required training to be assessed and appointed as an Area Authority.
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required. Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a consumer packaged goods manufacturing facility.
- Strong leadership ability to manage a team in a high speed packaging environment and chemical plant environment.
- Must have a previous track record of leading plant operations with emphasis on:
- Demonstrating strong leadership traits especially in the area of HSSE.
- Leading a team in substantial continuous improvement efforts.
- Leading by example and accomplishing goals while engaging entire team in the process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and oral).
- Analytical problem solving skills, as well as "out of the box" brainstorming capability.
- Strong PC skills.
- Working with plant Staff & Hourly personal on day to day operations/planning.
- SAP experience.