Program Development Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Program Development Manager is a junior leadership role within the Smarthinking Education Team, reporting directly to the Director of Program Development and supporting all efforts to grow and strategically position the business in both B2B and B2C markets.
This is a dynamic and fluid position, changing focus as required by the current needs of the business and our competitive landscape. Within that flexible framework, as part of their key responsibilities, the Program Development Manager:
- Plans, performs, and implements analyses of business goals, objectives, and needs of the general business environment.
- Researches, designs, and proposes recommendations to improve and support existing business activities and new initiatives for strategic growth and revenue generation.
- Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Prepares effective written documentation to support all responsibilities including, but not limited to: periodic reports, business proposals, marketing materials, and direct client communications.
- Delivers internal and external presentations, training, and consultations on efficacy, service integrations, and the impacts of programs, initiatives, and other aspects of the business environment.
- Builds, facilitates, and manages select new programs and other initiatives intended to grow the business and that require individualized services & systems, instructional training, and specialized management.
- Leads and assists with special projects as they are assigned, including organizing and facilitating cross-functional project teams as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required (master’s or doctorate preferred) and at least two years of relevant work experience
- Competency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint), Google Docs, and online conferencing
- Strong skills in various modes of data analysis, visualization and presentation.
- Ability to problem solve, propose new solutions when issues arise and provide a high level of dedication to meet deadlines
- Positive “can do” attitude, ability to follow through on commitments, communicate delays with deadlines/tasks and take responsibility for own actions
- Ability to think creatively, critically, and analytically about current tasks, as well as next steps in a project
- Ability to understand and plan for additional resources needed in order to meet set goals and objectives and to be thorough with efforts
- Ability to work and thrive on a cross-functional team, adapt to changes in the fast-paced environment, and manage competing demands and rapidly changing priorities
- Comfort with learning new products quickly, and communicating directly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail while working under time constraints and changing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-management skills and self-starter attitude highly valued
- Post-secondary teaching, tutoring, or other role in academic support at/for a post-secondary institution within the past 3-5 years
- Project management and/or marketing experience a plus
- Ability to and availability to work hours required and extra as needed in order to get the job done and reach goals
- Experience and strategic knowledge of social media and social marketing
- Ability to travel occasionally for conferences, presentations, meetings
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-Remote
Job: General Business Operations
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 19, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1802994