Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centres in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career, we are now hiring for a Program Manager to join our team based in Melbourne.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
We believe in equal opportunity and employ people solely on the basis of their skills and abilities.
This position is responsible for the ongoing management of Pearson VUE’s Australian customers from an operational and relationship management perspective. The PM will typically have a number of individual customers examination and certification programs to manage ranging is size and complexity.
The program manager role is a semi autonomous role in nature as the Program Manager is the single interface between the delivery teams at Pearson VUE and the customer, it is key that the Program Manager is able to understand and deliver the needs of the customer to the internal teams who supply the services and vise versa be able to provide clear direction and communication back to the customer.
The Program manager will capture, clarify, develop and implement program schedules for the delivery of our customers examination programs, they will definedeliverablesfor each event, understand customer expectations, work with multiple internal suppliers negotiating priorities and contributions from a number of different teams within the Pearson VUE organisation. They will strive for continuous improvement by completing program reviews and including lessons learned.
This is a very hands-on broad role that requires commercial awareness and a solid operational mind but with theabilityto build exceptional customer relationships.
- This role assumes full responsibility for timely and quality delivery of our customer examination program within agreed budgets.
- Takes responsibility for the delivery of high stakes programs of work, establishing and maintaining the correct structures to control and monitor the deliverables to the business.
- Ensures that comprehensive project schedules, quality, and risk plans, are prepared and maintained.
- Posess exceptional communications and documentation skills.
- Ensures that realistic estimates of costs, timescales and resource requirements are agreed and carries out the monitoring of projects against these criteria, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Ensures that problems are identified at the earliest opportunity and that solutions are identified and implemented.
- Responsible for change control, including identification of changes in scope and the management of changes.
- Liaises with management within the business, managing their expectations for projects.
- Ensures that projects are formally closed when deliverd within the overall program and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and actioned. Produces appropriate documentation to support these processes.
- Occasionally playing a contributing role during the business development phase - providing expertise and support for the sales effort, and managing bid project activities as required, ensuring ‘deliverability’ of proposed projects. Also playing a key role in the ongoing management of the Pearson VUE relationship with clients.
- Responsible for the planning and management of programs on behalf of Pearson VUE, meeting identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality. The origin of projects may be either internal or external and managed in accordance with PRINCE 2 or other PM methodology.
- Build positive relationships with client contacts and establishes a partnership approach to delivery of programs.
- Act as the primary interface with the client(s), listen and translate client requests. Establish and maintain relationships with clients and be the voice of Pearson VUE to the client
- Prepares and maintains realistic and robust program, quality, and risk plans, including plans incorporating sub-projects, and monitors and controls team performance against each plan, providing reports to client/user management and senior management as required;
- Monitors and controls allocated human and material resources, associated revenue costs and all capital costs against the project budget. Ensures that a change control procedure is in place, and actively used to assess the effect of changes to the projects on costs, timescale and/or resource needs and reports these to project sponsors;
- Management and control of external and internal project teams;
- Contribute to project costing and estimation discussions and managing contract variations;
- Building and maintaining relationships with both existing and future clients through regular client liaison communication;
- Communicating and negotiating with clients to establish realistic timelines and deliverables within contract specifications;
- Establishing and maintaining project documentation over the life of the project;
- Excellent knowledge of each client’s program and contract deliverables, able to measure performance against contract and any relevant key performance indicators.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, plus Project office experience;
- Experience of working in accordance with project management methodology;
- Must have strong communication and ability to build good working relationships;
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams;
- Working knowledge of MS Project;
- Experience in the identification, assessment and management of project risks, which could result in time or cost over-runs, or failure to deliver products which are fit for purpose;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Good IT Literacy skills and understanding of technical/IT systems;
- Good listening and influencing skills to create and maintain successful business relationships;
- Strong commercial sense and pragmatic approach;
- A valid non-restricted passport.
- Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30 hours, with a commitment to peak time requirement as may be required to fulfill project needs.
Primary Location: AU-VIC-Melbourne
Work Locations: AU-Victoria-Melbourne-Goods Shed South 707 Collins Street Goods Shed South Melbourne 3008
Job: Project/Programme Management
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: May 8, 2018
Job Unposting: May 22, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1805986
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.