Programme Delivery Manager (C2) - Harlow or Home Based
Learner at the heart
Pearson is a global education company that helps people around the world to make progress in their lives through learning. With a rich heritage that combines 150 years of experience in publishing with the latest learning technology and digital services, we help people to learn whatever, wherever and however they choose. We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve some of the most important challenges in global education.
Why we need you
We believe education is a vital force that can empower people, help them to reach their potential and contribute to more connected communities, all around the world. Our strength comes from our outstanding people; our strong relationships in the education world; our expertise in using technology to help people learn; our global footprint and local reach; and our position as a profitable, global company with a unifying sense of purpose.
About the job
Based out of our Harlow office or Home Based (or a mix of both) and working within Higher Education Services (HES), theProgramme Delivery Manager’s role is to provide client facing leadership of our full range of programme development services for online and blended learning including; Course Design, Development and Production Services, Training Services (Digital Products, Induction & Orientation) and Technology Support.When included within our University Partnerships this service set touches many aspects of the wider Online Programme Management (OPM) process and relies on significant cross organisational coordination and cooperation.Working closely with Heads of Partnership Management to ensure a joined-up approach to client management and delivery of our full range of services.The role will clearly articulate the needs of the Course Design, Development and Production Services in terms of timings and resources and support client understanding and translation of service requirements within their own institutional context.The role Leads on the co-ordination of resources to support delivery of services to agreed timeframes.Monitoring service delivery and the quality of student experience (in collaboration with OPM services) will be a critical reporting requirement.
The Programme Delivery Manager forms a key part of the wider Higher Education Services team and plays a crucial role in matrix project teams working closely with sales, business development, marketing, production and customer experience colleagues with a common purpose and aligned goals to deliver against a clearly defined proposition.
We are looking for an individual who has experience in Client Facing Programme Management, Service Design and/or Service Delivery.
Specifically, you will need to demonstrate:
Education, qualification and training:
● Organisationally Agile Provides context for change to empower others to understand their roles and adapt quickly. Captures and applies lessons learnt so that capabilities are quickly and continuously improved.
● Influences without Authority In working with other parts of Pearson, is open to developing cross-functional processes to achieve shared outcomes. Applies different strategies to convince others to change their opinion or plan and wins support from others for ideas.
● Prioritises and makes Effective Decisions Uses internal and external sources of information to determine costs and benefits of potential actions aligned to organisational goals, prioritising the most appropriate one. Presents clear, evidence-based rationale for decisions taken and solutions proposed.
● Builds Relationships Creates and maintains relationships, internally and externally, to increase simplicity, efficiency and shared success. Proactively supports other functions to create commercially practical and innovative solutions.
● Outcomes Oriented Continuously assesses and tracks against delivery of outcomes – refining approach as required and sharing learnings. Has an in-depth understanding of stakeholder (/ learner / customer) requirements, including learners and customers, and works in partnership with them to identify desired outcomes.
● Continuously Improves Challenges the status quo where opportunities for improvement are identified. Develops ideas for improvements into actionable proposals, demonstrating why and how suggestions result in improvements. Executes and follows through improvement initiatives and continuously changes every aspect of our business for the better.
●E vidence Informed Translates evidence into actionable insights that lead to improvements. Assesses and selects most appropriate methods, tools and data sources to collect the required evidence that enables decision making.
● Commercially Aware Interprets internal / external business challenges and creates commercially practical and innovative improvements to products and services in response. Develops a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape to inform operational decision making, create new business and (take advantage of opportunities to) reduce costs or generate growth.
● Digitally Focused Uses insights into digital trends and patterns to inform decision making and to develop profitable products and services. Focuses on providing a more sophisticated, agile, and effective learner experience through digital technology.
● Driven by Customer and Learner Requirements Makes balanced operational decisions with profitability and customer/learner outcomes in mind. Takes personal accountability for ensuring that customer and learner insights are used to deliver market leading products and experiences at every touch point.
January 2019 start date
Salary circa 45k
Primary Location: United Kingdom
Job: Project/Programme Management
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 16, 2018
Job Unposting: Nov 27, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1814062
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.