This is an exciting role which will have overall responsibility for leading the transition of the Shared Rural Network from the early stages of the programme setup to full operational delivery. The post holder will lead on the day to day strategy and policy decisions in the Shared Rural Network (SRN) Programme and be accountable for driving successful delivery of the SRN coverage outcomes. They will need to manage internal and external stakeholders, including working with the Home Office, mobile operators, DMSL (a mobile operator JV) and HMT.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Be a member of the BDUK Senior Leadership Team, playing an active part in the leadership of our programmes and contributing to wider decision-making
- Oversee the delivery of the £510m capital and operation funding over 20 years of the Shared Rural Network (SRN) that will deliver widespread 4G mobile coverage across the UK to ensure programme objectives are met and public funds are spent in accordance with value for money principles.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders including the Home Office, Ofcom, and industry partners to facilitate successful delivery of the programme.
- Provide a strategic delivery link to the DCMS Digital Infrastructure policy team, in collaboration with the BDUK Strategy Director, to support resolution of any policy related issues impacting delivery of programme objectives.
- Drive a communications strategy to ensure messaging around the programme remains positive and portrays the public value being delivered by the programme.
- Chair the Shared Rural Network Oversight Board and report on delivery progress to the BDUK Board.
The responsibilities pertaining to the role are likely to extend to other elements within BDUK’s portfolio of major programmes over time.