The primary purpose of the roles are to lead and direct development to ensure successful delivery of a range of interdependent workstreams within CJSCP to time, cost and quality standards, releasing the essential benefits on which criminal justice agencies will rely. The successful candidates will work closely with the Programme Director and other members of the Programme’s Senior Management Team, providing service expertise and supporting Service Managers, Business Product Owners and business leads in shaping and delivering the vision for business change, defining how these changes and their associated benefits will be evaluated and ensuring that user-centred, sustainable digital products and services are built and released to the business to the agreed plan, cost and quality.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:-
- Leading, inspiring and shaping the multi-disciplinary agile development teams, from discovery through to development and implementation and working collaboratively to deliver functional releases as part of a seamless, multi-agency service;
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with relevant stakeholders from the Ministry of Justice, Crown Prosecution Service, Police, HM Treasury, Cabinet Office, the Major Projects Authority and with other criminal justice partners whilst providing service expertise, support and advice to the Programme Director and senior management team;
- Role modelling the leadership requirements as a member of the senior leadership community within HMCTS, whilst actively encouraging, supporting and developing colleagues to fill key roles in order to ensure sustainability;
- Providing coaching, mentoring and development support to the wider programme team for best practice delivery.
- Managing detailed, collaborative release management planning and co-ordination across the programme through the complete release lifecycle.
- Assuring all products meet the standard build requirements in terms of functionality, usability, performance, sustainability, scalability, security and resilience;
- Assuring that the programme is built around agile methodologies, understanding how to integrate with and challenge waterfall methodologies;
- Developing innovative solutions to complex issues;
- Participating in assurance activities required within the programme;
- Providing timely and relevant information to meet reporting requirements for the programme; and
- Participating in post-release evaluation activities