Project Accounting Financial Analyst
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
- Complete the processing of all technical responsibilities (see below) in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Contribute to team effort and assist co-workers as needed to balance workloads
- Help to create a work atmosphere conducive to a high degree of integrity and teamwork
- Maintain customer satisfaction by promptly following up on customers’ requests for information.
- Ensure SLAs are met and service is delivered to end users as expected.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and innovative solutions and communicate these to the Team Leader.
- Take proactive involvement in determining and implementing best practices
- Request set-up of project in Oracle and ongoing maintenance requirements
- Prepare and model business case (including creating formats, preloading baseline data)
- Prepare material required for Investment Review Board (IRB) & executive approval
- Support preparation and update of budgets
- Support preparation and update of agreements
- Support preparation of periodic financial forecasts (including detailed monthly rolling current-year forecast at the same level of detail as the management accounts, including committed amounts).
- Provide Finance Business Partners with insightful pre-close P&L report on WD3, flash on WD4, Management accounts by WD5, Sharepoint Update by WD5, Rolling Forecast by WD7
- Prepare monthly management reporting packs (including but not limited to analysis of Project Opex and Capex by project down to resource / contract level, population of Pearson MI (SharePoint system) with project costs)
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis / production of reports as requested to support accurate reporting and support business decisions
- Perform plan transfer process
- Calculate and post the apportionment of costs for large complex contracts with budgets shared between business units
- Request accruals / other adjustments (including review of month end postings for quality, identifying necessary material adjustments required and requesting necessary journal entries)
- Perform initial variance analysis (on budgets, agreements and forecasts)
- Request close and archive of project in Oracle
- Measure financial return on project - lead financial analysis behind post investment reviews and validation of overall costs and benefits.
- Benchmark project as required
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Preferably part qualified CIMA but relevant experience will be considered.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills and a solution-orientated attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with both finance and non-finance professionals;
- Ability to learn quickly and be adaptable to change management within processes and systems;
- Highly organised with the ability to identify and prioritise value-added activities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel (v-lookups, sum-ifs, pivot tables, Index etc.).
Primary Location: GB-GB-Belfast
Work Locations: GB-Belfast-Millennium House Millennium House, 1st Floor Great Victoria Street Belfast BT2 7AQ
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 20, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1901670
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.