Project Accounting Solution Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Enabling Programme (TEP) is a major transformation programme working to integrate finance, HR and supply chain data, processes, policy and systems to support the One Pearson vision built upon Oracle eBusiness and Fusion Cloud. Within the Enabling programme the TEP Solution Managers manage the end to end solution blueprint, meeting current and future business needs. For the Solution Manager - Oracle Project Accounting this includes:
1.Execute against the PA workstream project workplan. Work with Pearson users, Pearson IT & external Systems Integrators
2.Work effectively with a geographically distributed teamincluding onshore and offshore resources
- Assist in the development of the overall solution for the project work stream, keeping as close to the Global TEP solution as practical
- Provide suggestions for business transformation or improvements based on business domain knowledge, industry leading practices and standard Oracle functionality
- Review solutions and functional designs prepared by the SI partner. Validate proposals, provide suggestions for improvements and map impacts on legacy systems and processes
- Author functional designs relating to legacy system changes and be responsible for transferring these to the Development team for Tech Design and Build. In addition, will be responsible for assisting with questions, data and setting up data as needed for objects being built
7.Responsible for gathering and analysing master data in support of configuration for all instances (i.e. CRP, System Test, User Acceptance Test). This includes analysis of business needs, documentation of configuration, executing audits for configuration executed by the offshore teams. Requires understanding finance, operational and business needs and mapping these to Oracle functionality.
8.Review test scenarios, scripts and results for System Test and SIT
9.Manage and assist in execution of testing for UAT. This includes writing test scripts, creating and seeding data, working with other workstreams on cross functional requirements as well documenting test results and triaging and fixing defects from testing.
- Manage and assist with Data Conversion for projects. This includes authoring Conversion functional designs, validating MOCK data, answering and troubleshooting questions from the Data Conversion team. The focus will be on extraction from multiple legacy systems and mapping to future stats solution
- Participate in deployment and cutover activities as they relate to Deployment(s). This would include, planning, conversion, and end user support
- Participate in Training development content. This would include reviewing training documentation, answering questions and providing clarification for the Training team.
- Work flexibly to accommodate teams spread across multiple countries and time zones. This will include an element of travel and being able to join early/late conference calls where most participants are in another timezone
- Strong ‘hands-on’ experience in Oracle PA (and Oracle Financials)
- Strong ‘hands-on’ experience in Pl/SQL Data base queries and project accounting data structures
- Track record in implementing, maintaining and improving Oracle PA Solutions for multi-national organizations
- Strong consulting experience plus ability influence key stakeholders in Business and IT
- Strong ability to deliver quality solutions in partnership with System integrators
- Strong experience with solution blueprinting, endorsing industry best practice
Primary Location: US-NC-Durham
Other Locations GB-GB-London
Work Locations: US-NC-Durham-5425 Page Churchill 5425 Page Road Durham 27703
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 13, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1906885
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.