Project Coordinator - 12 month FTC
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Role overview & Purpose
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the HR operations knowledge management team, who are leading a number of project initiates to transform how users interactive with the human resources division at Pearson.
The successful candidate for this role will be at the centre of a team driving the introduction of new ideas and innovative technology to deliver a best in class user interface that provides the front end gateway to all HR knowledge, information and services.
With a dynamic user base of over 30,000 internal customers this is an opportunity for an independent thinker, to support the management and delivery of key streams on large and complex projects; including the development of analytics solutions Management information, creating and developing content and knowledge articles in rich media formats, including video, infographics etc, introducing new technologies including artificial intelligence to automate of core business and knowledge management processes and functionality.
Interacting with end users, internal delivery partners and key stakeholders you will also be involved in the design of the interface through the development of the user journeys and user experience that will underpin the vision and execution of the HR Portal.
We aim to deliver a customer centric experience that puts the user at the centre of the portal experience.
The Project Coordinator will be the point of contact for day to day contact between the Knowledge Management team and internal IT service providers. Liaising with key stakeholders gathering requirements for improvements and developments for the HR portal and ensuring these are shared and them implemented by the teams IT partners. They will also be expected to deputise for the Global knowledge manage when required.
- Support the Global Knowledge manager in the change management process to drive user Adoption
- Support the Global Knowledge manager as the point of contact between the business and the IT department for the development of the HR Portal. Including tracking and managing all outstanding issues and ensure timelines and deadlines are met
- Provide insights through analysis of data and analytics to drive innovation and improvements
- Work with the team deliver innovative and dynamic rich media content for the HR Portal, this is a key function to deliver self-service targets across the portal
- Responsible for the continual review and improvement of the KM teams processes to ensure they remain aligned with best practice and the most efficient ways of working.
- Technical lead working with the HR operations, Service delivery and continual improvement teams to gather business requirements to improve the HR Portal
- Be a key team member on projects streams for large and complex programs and projects related to the improvement of the HR portal and the wider HR transformation projects
- Research and investigate new technologies and innovations that would be able to work alongside existing systems to improve the user experience and increase efficiency
- Be the lead team member for conducting and maintaining test frameworks for any changes to the HR instance of the Portal
- Adhere to the knowledge content governance process.
- Contribute positively to a knowledge sharing environment by documenting and sharing all relevant working experiences with issue resolution for knowledge database future reference.
- Communicate and interact effectively with team members; Develop credibility and trusted mutually respected relationships with customers, supervisors, and team members.
- Support the management of the archival, deletion, retirement or decommissioning of obsolete content, processes and knowledge sites.
- Deputise for the Global Knowledge manager when required
Work stream responsibilities
- Lead the Knowledge management input in to key global projects including the role out of the self-service portal across the globe
- Liaise with the Service Delivery and Continual Improvement team to partner on improving and developing process and procedures in-line with HR Ops best practice.
- Collaborate with the Global Knowledge manager and the Knowledge management team to develop and maintain the Knowledge/Content/Solution strategy.
- Point of contact with the IT support services for day to day activities, taking ownership of issues and problems and seeing them through to resolution
Essential Skills /Experience
- Able to work independently and to challenging deadlines
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to problem solve
- Project management administration
- Must demonstrate experience of working with user portals or intranets to support business processes
- Demonstrate ability to gather business requirements
- templates/procedures/forms would be an advantage
- Experience in delivery change management streams as part of a project initiative
- UAT testing experience would be an advantage
- Experience of working with Service Now
- Understanding of how case management systems work
- Experience in application of information governance
- Project management
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills.
- Experience with UAT Testing
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Job: Human Resources
Organization: Human Resources
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 23, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1806296
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.