The Project Engineer reports directly to the Engineering Superintendent
The Project Engineer will be responsible for managing all aspects of their projects including:safety, quality, schedule, budget, specification development, acceptance testing, installation, spare part procurement and start up. Specific competencies sought are:
- Strong Engineering skills with a practical bias including the ability to lead the design and construction of projects.
- Provide leadership in employee and contractor safety toward achieving the goal of no accidents, no harm to people, and no damage to the environment. Ensure all permits are obtained and all regulations are followed.
- Lead the development of the project scope and basis of design through to execution of the selected option using BP’s stage gate Capital Value Process.
- Ensure that projects are designed in compliance with BP ETPs and relevant codes & standards, and have been subjected to the appropriate level of HSSE review (Process Hazard Analysis, PHSSER, site MOC process, etc.)
- Ensure control and delivery of project with respect to scope, cost, and schedule.
- Ensure that all project changes are appropriately defined, reviewed, approved, implemented and closed out in accordance with applicable procedures and standards.
- Manage the budget for your Projects. Ensure that all necessary approvals are gained and that financial risks and opportunities are managed and communicated and that forecasts are provided in a timely manner.
- Identify and proactively manage the risks to delivery of your assigned projects.
- Work closely with the operations, facilities, and process engineering groups to ensure proper installation and handover of the project.
- Shares best practices and lessons learned for each project.
- Delivering of job notes/work packs/IFC packages to the Planner.
- Securing engineering resources required for project work pack development to be turned over to planning team.
- Applying Management of Change (MOC) process to projects, as needed.
- Providing input to TAR planning for constructability reviews.
- Assuring that engineered material for projects is ordered and received into the material management process.
- Providing technical support to TAR Execution Leader and execution teams for assigned TAR projects.
- Updating documentation for projects, as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering required.
- Post graduate degree helpful.
- 10 years’ experience in petrochemicals manufacturing or refining required.
- 5+ years’ project management experience required.
- Project Management and Control technical discipline - required
- Process/Chemical Engineering technical discipline
- Mechanical Engineering technical discipline
- Electrical/Power Engineering technical discipline
- Materials/Corrosion/Inspection Engineering technical discipline
- Instrument Engineering technical discipline
- Civil Engineering technical discipline
- Performance Management
- Process Equipment basics
- Technical drawings
- Budgeting and financial control basics
- Operations Foundation Competencies – Business, People and HSSE
Must have excellent communication skills in English