As the Project Engineer, you will scope, design, and execute large scale and complex capital projects for BP's lubricants Business. The Project Engineer will work within the annual Capital Expenditure Plan in accordance with BP engineering technical standards, as well as BP Lubricants capex processes and controls standards. In this role you will provide functional expertise on development of operating standards within the engineering department.
- Leads the front end engineering and process safety evaluations for projects. Provides technical/ engineering design and supports operational process development for new products. Acts as the lead engineering Project Manager for the large strategic capex investment initiatives for the facility.
- Reviews project plans and proposals, then develops project objectives and scope. Identifies project responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project. Calculates time frames and sequences the stages of the project. Ensures completion of project HSSE reviews (PHSSER) in accordance with the CVP process milestones.
- Studies product design, customer requirements performance standards, then determines project specifications. Presents cost estimates and performance standards. Conducts field tests, assuring safe and satisfactory product performance.
- Reviews contractor bids; interviews and assigns personnel to specific phases and elements of the project. Through project coordination meetings and other forms of communication, oversees and coordinates the technical aspects of the project.
- Prepares status reports and regularly monitors budgets, contractors and schedules. Allocates project resources appropriately and approves project expenditures. Keeps an accurate record and electronic data base of all elements of the projects.
- Presents procedures, rules and regulations to those involved in the project; maintains a safe, clean and productive environment through enforcing procedures. Maintains project integrity and reputation through compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Provides support for the regional engineering team on translating BP/ industry/ regulatory standards, policies, and procedures into practice for the local team.
A Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- Experience in HazOp, safety engineering, LOPA, PSM, project management, problem solving, and process safety hazard analysis
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant working experience in process design, safety, and construction of engineering projects for the chemical, petro-chemical, and/or food industries.
- Experience with managing engineering CAPEX projects through all stages of ideation, scoping, conceptual design, detail design, procurement and bidding, project execution, project commissioning, project turn-over of at least 3 projects worth $0.5M+ each.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in engineering principles, practices and methods, environmental regulations, engineering project management methods, workplace safety, budgeting, employee supervision and personnel management.
- Experience with leading diverse teams (members may include operations, logistics, planning, marketing, technology) on engineering/ CAPEX projects