The Project Engineer develops budgets, schedules, and execution plans for work stream projects in the BP Pipelines (USPL) organization.
- Manages the development of execution strategy and ensures alignment and communications to construction teams.
- Evaluates and manages project risk and contingency plans in addition to process safety related risk management.
- Develops and implements effective project Health, Safety, Security & Environmental (HSSE) plans.
- Drives work stream process to meet regulatory requirements, planning and execution of work.
- Sets minimum expectations with work stream teams, including contract resources, on scope, cost, schedule and HSSE performance.
- Drives alignment with Procurement & Supply Chain Management (PSCM) on contractor selection and performance management, leverages local, national and global contract strategy
- Provides timely updates to Inspection Data Specialist on inspections and repairs scopes and ensures accuracy of the data including QA/QC, timely application of engineered solutions and documentations.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical Discipline required. A degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related engineering experience required.
- Minimum 2 years pipeline maintenance and inspection experience in oil and gas industry, to include inline inspection & repairs, facility inspection
- Experience with contractor management required.