An exciting opportunity to join us as a Project Manager has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Newport. In this position you will be managing a multi-functional team (including Engineering, Procurement, Production and other functions) to develop High Grade Security applications and products. The primary role of this position is to ensure that the customer requirements flown down via a work order or contract are delivered On Quality, On Time and On Cost.
As such you will be the primary interface to the customer ensuring that deliverables are produced in-line with the project schedule and relevant gate/quality reviews and customer reviews. You will be fully responsible for all aspects of the equipment/deliverables and ensure the allocated team delivers to customer satisfaction.
What we offer
- Challenging tasks in a company with some of the most innovative cyber security technology and services
- Integration into an international network of cyber security experts across and outside of Europe
- Participation in Europe-wide projects as prime supplier
- Exciting development opportunities and perspectives within Airbus as a global player
- An attractive company pension scheme
- Airbus Group success share scheme
- An extensive range of additional benefits, such as car options, travel insurance for the whole family, child care vouchers, etc.
The main tasks and responsibilities of this position will include;
- Act as the point of contact for customers, proposals and/or projects.
- Ensure proposals are bid in line with product strategy. Play an active role in bid/no-bid decisions.
- Ensure proposals are produced on time and effectively answer the RFP.
- Manage projects and establish EAC / CTC throughout the project life cycle in line with company processes
- Provide inputs to the Monthly Review, Business Reviews and other Airbus Defence and Space relevant reviews and in line with the agreed methods and principles.
- Ensure programmes effectively focus on mitigation of risk to result in successful completion.
- Endorses Project goals and defines Development Plan
- Drives budgets, schedule, dependency analysis, risk management, and risk mitigation strategy
- Responsible for overall internal and contractual compliance to the product & project requirements
- Manages resources assignment within Core Team
- Implements project level Make-Buy analysis and decision
- Leads and facilitates Multi-functional Core Team
The key project objectives are;
- Details Work Breakdown Structures/Packages
- Triggers internal Design Reviews
- Makes Project decisions
- Assures effective and efficient working within the core team
- Drives tight change control management and impact reviews
- Coordinates stakeholder management
- Liaises on cross project shared resources and facility conflicts
- Triggers and coordinates gate/quality reviews
- Provides input to functional managers for Team Members performance evaluation
- Develop relationships with external suppliers.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the successful candidate you must have;
- HND/Degree in Electronic Engineering or other relevant engineering subjects preferred.
- PMP, PRINCE 2 or equivalent project management certification.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- In depth knowledge of managing projects and people both locally and remotely.
- A proven track record of project delivery in a development and production environment is essential
- Must have existing UK SC security clearance, or be capable of attaining UK SC clearance
This role is based at Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad. Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you