Responsible for all earned value management and analysis during CVP and execute engineering functions including, but not limited to, progress measurement, change analysis, expenditure reporting, performance reporting, benchmarking, vendor performance scorecards, and interactions with the following teams: Projects Planning/Execution teams, Cost Engineering/Control teams, engineering contractors, PSCM.
- Represent owner in project initiation planning prior to entering CVP stages and execute engineering to determine engineering deliverables, rules of credit for progressing, budgets, and schedules.
- Review and evaluate engineering vendor proposals against historical cost data.
- Prepare engineering schedule baselines and snap baselines to form vendor commitments.
- Collect and report engineering status with regards to actual expenditure, planned progress, actual progress, change orders, and forecasts (ETC and EAC).
- Evaluate vendor reported progress and expenditures for validity and accuracy.
- Travel to engineering vendor offices to provide owner representation in progress reviews and audits.
- Periodically evaluate reported progress using rules of credit.
- Identify project staffing gaps and report to PM.
- Generate EV reports at project and portfolio level.
- Catalog data for project lifecycle usage (benchmarking, vendor evaluation, etc.).
- Provide mentoring to project teams on engineering EV best practices.Review validity of forecasted schedule completion and budgets.
- BBS Engineering, BBA Business, BS Construction Technology or 3-5 years equivalent work experience, 10-year preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project controls systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with stage-gated project execution processes.
- Understanding of Front End Loading concepts, engineering, and project development.
- Demonstrated capability to manage multiple projects of various sizes and complexity.
- Strong organization, teamwork, and communication skills.